Front Suspension Creek/Clunk-STILL!

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Hey Everyone,

Well I have been fighting a weird front right suspension noise on my car for the last 3k miles. At first it was a slight clunk when turning onto an inclined surface (IE driveway, store etc). Well last night I replaced my lower control arm and still the same thing. You can also here it when you steer as the vehicle is rolling, but not stationary. Is it also very loud during a hard stop. Can a bad strut mount cause a creek? On any of my other cars I've only had them clunk when steering at all times.

I would just take it in for warranty, but they wont touch my car due to having a bmr k member. I did check to make sure everything was tight as well.

Also, car has stock springs/struts and struts have never been off the car.

Thanks everyone!

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
If you're willing to spend a couple bucks, pick up some GT500 strut mounts, and struts from an 05-10 car. You can reuse your stock springs. The factory strut mounts are a two piece unit literally held together with grease. I've had a 13 and a 14 model and the factory strut mounts gave me problems on both cars

AKDMB

Established Member
I would say strut mount too. Try popping the hood and tightening the stock strut nut to see if that does the trick.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
If you're willing to spend a couple bucks, pick up some GT500 strut mounts, and struts from an 05-10 car. You can reuse your stock springs. The factory strut mounts are a two piece unit literally held together with grease. I've had a 13 and a 14 model and the factory strut mounts gave me problems on both cars

I Plan on buying good caster camber plates come spring when i do shocks springs etc. I normally wouldnt mind the noise but I am going to make a 3000 mile round trip drive and dont want anything to fail. I have tried tightening the strut nut already with no luck. I guess I can do a stock replacement unit for now and if it doesnt fix the noise then I shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Pure Stock

Established Member
If you replace the mount do yourself a favor and tighten the top nut with the spring compressed so that the torque value you get is not the tension of the spring causing an inaccurate value.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
If you replace the mount do yourself a favor and tighten the top nut with the spring compressed so that the torque value you get is not the tension of the spring causing an inaccurate value.

Thanks for the advice! I ordered a cheap one through oreillys to get me by during winter. Once spring hits Ill get some good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread