Front suspension

gotjack

Established Member
Yeah man, it can get confusing with all the numbers and valve combos. I just used the MM chart.

I went with the HD’s on all four corners with the H&R Race springs and I love it. Car stays really flat in the corners and the drop is conservative.

Sorry bro I know I sent you a message but couldn’t read your reply. My inbox isn’t working for some reason gives me a error message when I try to retrieve

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Sorry bro I know I sent you a message but couldn’t read your reply. My inbox isn’t working for some reason gives me a error message when I try to retrieve

No worries my friend. Here’s my response:

Hey bud, no bother at all. We’re all here to help.

According to the MM chart the “HD’s” work better with the H&R Race springs than the stockers and I found a killer deal on a set so I switched.

My car is a garage queen and I know for a fact I could’ve kept my stock shocks/struts but I did for peace of mind I guess.

I installed everything myself. I have a lift and tools so I was not about to pay ridiculous shop prices.

gotjack

Established Member
No worries my friend. Here’s my response:

Hey bud, no bother at all. We’re all here to help.

According to the MM chart the “HD’s” work better with the H&R Race springs than the stockers and I found a killer deal on a set so I switched.

My car is a garage queen and I know for a fact I could’ve kept my stock shocks/struts but I did for peace of mind I guess.

I installed everything myself. I have a lift and tools so I was not about to pay ridiculous shop prices.

You have a 04? I only have 12k miles on my 03 and I’m the 3rd owners. I’m sure my shocks and struts are good just wanted something better. Mine is a garage king aswell. But for some reason I thought the stock ones were b6s maybe I’m wrong. What did you notice after you installed them? Height comfort ride difference etc

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Yes sir, 04 with 60k when I changed everything out.

The car had Eibachs which were way too low for NY roads and felt very sloppy.

H&R stiffened everything up.

wckdvnm

Established Member
You have a 04? I only have 12k miles on my 03 and I’m the 3rd owners. I’m sure my shocks and struts are good just wanted something better. Mine is a garage king aswell. But for some reason I thought the stock ones were b6s maybe I’m wrong. What did you notice after you installed them? Height comfort ride difference etc

You are correct; the factory shocks are known as B6’s and the now branded HD’s are B8’s. The B8’s have the blue stripe on them and the B6’s like factory are solid yellow.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My car had factory shocks/struts and the H&R Race springs when I bought it. It rode fine and handled pretty well.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Depends on how wild you want to go. If you want good then solid rack bushings, offset front control arm bushings. Bilstein HDs, H&R race springs, weld in subframe connectors, Steeda sway bar & sway bar end links. If you want wild & have deep pockets then tubular k member, tubular control arms, coil overs, solid rack bushings & delrin for the rest of the bushings.

gotjack

Established Member
Depends on how wild you want to go. If you want good then solid rack bushings, offset front control arm bushings. Bilstein HDs, H&R race springs, weld in subframe connectors, Steeda sway bar & sway bar end links. If you want wild & have deep pockets then tubular k member, tubular control arms, coil overs, solid rack bushings & delrin for the rest of the bushings.

Car has H&R springs. Front eibach sway bar with end links. Weld in sub frame connectors. MM camber plates. Just wanted to replace stock bilsteins with B8s since car is over 20 years old . I might do BMR k member and control arms next summer

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Car has H&R springs. Front eibach sway bar with end links. Weld in sub frame connectors. MM camber plates. Just wanted to replace stock bilsteins with B8s since car is over 20 years old . I might do BMR k member and control arms next summer

With your setup the easiest path forward would be going the Bilstein B8 route and letting it ride. Maybe some while you are in there items like bushings.

gotjack

Established Member
With your setup the easiest path forward would be going the Bilstein B8 route and letting it ride. Maybe some while you are in there items like bushings.

Bushings? The shocks and struts don’t come with it? Also forgot to mention car has the irs grip kit from mm all rear end bushings replaced

gotjack

Established Member
Absolutely, if you are tracking that direction then hold off until you go with the k member and control arm setup.

Ya I have the b8s coming soon I’ll just do those this time around with the fore fuel kit then maybe next year finish off with k member control arms etc and maybe long tube headers while I’m at it

gotjack

Established Member
I noticed a good difference in front end stiffness after replacing the front control arms (bushings were bad), and installing the solid rack bushings, poly sway bar bushings and end links. Etc. I think mine was so noticeable because of how wore out everything was.

I have yet to put my subframe connectors on but I had them on my other vert and they made a huge difference.

Which controls arms did you go with

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Never heard of them where from? Bmr makes a set for stock k member and springs no?

I bought them off RockAuto. In the future I’ll be doing a full Maximum Motorsport front end so I went the stock replacement path until I have the funds to do what I want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread