front suspension

franks98_coBra

Established Member
So im planning on going turbo sometime in the near future but being on a budget I have to do it one step at a time. Next on my mod list (maybe) is tubular kmember. Can the stock control arms be used with the tubular kemember or do I have to get tubular A arms?
I have read that if I get the tubular A arms i need to have coilovers. Can coilovers be used with the stock kmemeber with stock A amrs?

what do you guys think I should do first, coilover set up or the kmemeber? If I have a choice.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Stock Control arms can be used with a tubular Kmember.

Coilovers can be used with stock A arms and stock Kmember.

What will you set the suspension up for? Street/handling? Street/drag?

Also, keep in mind some turbo kits are made for certain brand K members.

franks98_coBra

Established Member
Stock Control arms can be used with a tubular Kmember.

Coilovers can be used with stock A arms and stock Kmember.

What will you set the suspension up for? Street/handling? Street/drag?

Also, keep in mind some turbo kits are made for certain brand K members.

A little bit of both, mainly street and handling. Its my DD but when it gets to be too much for a DD i could always use my truck. Dam, that makes sense but didnt know that some turbos were made for certain k memebers. I was looking into the mm kmemeber, not sold by it but thats what i was looking into. What turbo options if any do I have there? Also have read that its cheaper to bulid your own turbo so maybe the piping can be worked around the kmember i go with.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
A little bit of both, mainly street and handling. Its my DD but when it gets to be too much for a DD i could always use my truck. Dam, that makes sense but didnt know that some turbos were made for certain k memebers. I was looking into the mm kmemeber, not sold by it but thats what i was looking into. What turbo options if any do I have there? Also have read that its cheaper to bulid your own turbo so maybe the piping can be worked around the kmember i go with.
Thanks for your reply.

There are many turbo kit options for these cars. As complete hot and cold side kits or build it yourself, either twin turbo or single turbo configurations.

Users who are viewing this thread