Front sway bar orientation

Termilvr

Established Member
I am trying to install my front sway bar but don't remember which way it goes. The way I currently have it, the end links don't line up. I have steeda control arms bushings that are supposed to Shift the a arms a quarter inch forward.
paqumupa.jpg
a9uqybaq.jpg
ajy8y3yb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SVT_Troy

Established Member

Thats actually a pretty decent link breaking it down showing when you need shorter end links. If the angle is less than 90 degrees, you want shorter endlinks.

Quoting Jack at Maximum motorsports:

"With perfect geometry, the VSA will be at 90 degrees to the swaybar endlink at ride height. When they are at 90 degrees to each other, this helps keep the swaybar rate more constant as the ride height and roll angles change. This will keep the handling of the car more consistent."

Termilvr

Established Member
so being a busy college student, i finally got around to flipping the sway bar and that way defiantly doesn't work.
2q396v8.jpg

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
That appears to actually be oriented backwards. The mounts on the sway bar itself should be 180ish degrees from where they are now.

Rooted/Rommed SIII

Termilvr

Established Member
That appears to actually be oriented backwards. The mounts on the sway bar itself should be 180ish degrees from where they are now.

Rooted/Rommed SIII

So you are saying it should be how I had it in the op?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
I can't get originals to load, but I believe what saddle meant was not to rotate it, but to actually remove it. And flip it over and install with ears in same direction. Do you follow?

Rooted/Rommed SIII

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
Ahh I see originals now. That actually looks correct. You can't flip it or it will be upside down. Install it like in first pics but looesly attach the end link to the sway bar. Then raise one a arm at a time and connect them. By doing this it all you to maneuver the end link into position. If this doesn't make sense I can try to re explain.

Rooted/Rommed SIII

Users who are viewing this thread