Front tag bracket

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I know this has been answered a zillion times, but the search isn't working.

Does anyone have a link handy for a place that sells a front tag bracket that attaches to the top of the intercooler opening in the bumper, but holds the tag in front of the bumper like stock?

I had my detailer pull my front tag off so I could mount my front end mask, and I've decided that I'm going to fill the holes and have it repainted, and go with the non-obtrusive bracket instead.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
What is a front end mask and how exactly are you going to get those holes fixed? My dealer will repaint my bumper due to imperfections and get rid of my tag (I hate it to death) but I am paranoid of getting a crummier paint job than I already have, so I'm on hold with my decision. How exactly are you getting yours done?

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
What is a front end mask and how exactly are you going to get those holes fixed? My dealer will repaint my bumper due to imperfections and get rid of my tag (I hate it to death) but I am paranoid of getting a crummier paint job than I already have, so I'm on hold with my decision. How exactly are you getting yours done?

Sorry, a front end mask is a bra. I just hate calling it a bra though :p

And about the paint, the dealer has already had to repaint parts of the front bumper, so it won't bother me to have a few more spots repainted. I don't think I'll go to the same dealer to have this fixed though, because on my last visit they got overspray all over the entire car, including the windows. :nonono:

I have an excellent local body shop that I've used in the past.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by Cobra10th Anniv
Here ya go.

http://sonicblur.net/orders/order_form.htm

what is all that made out of? I was looking at the one by hp by herman and I think his rests on the bumper, but does have something for protection on it. But I think I might like that one better because it really keeps it away from the bumper. What is the space distance between the plate and bumper?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Cydewaze,

Made my own out of $12 in L brackets from Home Depot....Really like the way it turned out. Wish I could post pictures.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
If your going to use a Bra on the front, you might want to do what I did. Mount the plastic licence plate bracket that came from the dealer to your bra. It works great, check out these pictures.

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by BLK03SVT10TH
If your going to use a Bra on the front, you might want to do what I did. Mount the plastic licence plate bracket that came from the dealer to your bra. It works great, check out these pictures.

Hey, that's a damn good idea.

Hmmm... your bra looks like the one I got, but I can't get the part on the hood to sit right on mine. It won't slide on all the way. It also has underneath a strap that goes across under the hood to hold it on, but it also has 2 long straps (one on each side) and I dunno what the heck they're for.

Can you post a pic of the underside of your hood with the bra on?

Users who are viewing this thread