Front windshield tint ?

Martinrulz

Established Member
For those of you with your front windshield tinted can you please post picks of it from inside the car. I'm getting my tint done on wednesday and can't decide wheather or not to tint the windshield or not. I'm doing %35 all around for 200 bucks. Sounds like an ok deal to me. Thanks guys.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
tint the windshield you won't be disappointed and your eyes will thank you!!! I don't have pics from inside my car but I would go with no less than 5% front -back and 20% sides (I chose to do mine at 5% all windows) and $200 seems kinda high as around here $150 is the norm

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
do It I have 15% on my windsheild and I love it... maybe a ll dark for most people, but everyone loves it.

got9lbs

Established Member
i have 20% on all windows and 35% on the windshield and you cannot see in it hardly at all during the day, at night its ok if its not raining out but i installed a mecca hid kit so now it doesn't matter:)

got9lbs

Established Member
becareful of what you get for 150 with tint you get what you pay for, i think i paid 325 for all windows and windshield and the windshield is titanium tint

Fast Willy

Established Member
I just got mine done last friday I did 5% all the wya around and it coast me $120. I didnt get my windshield done though but I plan on doing that with 30% soon.

Martinrulz

Established Member
Thanks for the reaplys, but here in Iowa we're not allowed to have any tint on the windshield at all except for a 5 inch strip or something. I'm just afraid of getting a ticket for having it done.

Blackie

Be carefull if you do it. BTW, it's illegal in all ALL states to have the whole windshield tinted.

As far as price goes, $150 is cheap. Ask around...because you do get what you pay for. Also, make sure they use a quality tint like 3M, Llumar, Madico, Solarguard, or Johnsons.

Martinrulz

Established Member
OK so I got my tint put on today and am very happy with it. I got %35 all around, nothing on the windshield. The only thing is the guy said that the windows may cloud up a tad or bubble for maybe 3-5 days until it has a chance to dry. Is this everyone elses experience? :shrug:

Blackie

Martinrulz said:
OK so I got my tint put on today and am very happy with it. I got %35 all around, nothing on the windshield. The only thing is the guy said that the windows may cloud up a tad or bubble for maybe 3-5 days until it has a chance to dry. Is this everyone elses experience? :shrug:

That's normal. If you put on fully metallized film like Llumar's Platinum Plus or Johnson's Executive, then it may take as much as 3-4 weeks before all the hazing and bubbles disappear.

Martinrulz

Established Member
San Pedro Mach said:
That's normal. If you put on fully metallized film like Llumar's Platinum Plus or Johnson's Executive, then it may take as much as 3-4 weeks before all the hazing and bubbles disappear.

OK cool so eventually everything with be smooth. Good to hear. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread