FRPP 07-08 GT500 Power upgrade pack - 540hp and keep your warranty

ff500

Established Member
Well I pulled in my driveway today and whos' sitting there, The service advisor with my car they delivered it to my house and they also brought my parts back, Unbelievable Service from Imperial Ford I will only allow them to touch my car from now on, also on the front seat were 2 nice hats and a t-shirt, they didn't have to do any of that and they did, they also gave me a disc of photos of progress of the work they did.I can't express how happy I am with there service.

The work they did, replaced my transmission and clutch, took photos of the flywheel to show no signs of burn marks,
frpp handling kit,
short throw,
sgt exhaust,
frpp cai kit,
roush rear window louvers,
hood struts,
3,73 gears,
ford racing differntial cover,

I couldn't go far because its snowing but I did go around the block and its absolutely awesome, the sound and handling were just what I wanted, tomorrow morning I will take on the highway and also see how much of the wheel hop is gone, I am going to figure out how to post some pics I did take a few of it in the driveway.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Added another little mod to the rear end as they are installing the gears.
M-4033 G2 Differential cover.

I asked about the difference of the 5gt and the sgt, The 5gt's are made for the 4.6 while the sgt's are made for our 5.4's is what I was told, They have installed some of the 5gt's on some gt500's but the pressure may be to much and causing some baffles to break, anyways thats what I was told.I am having the sgt's installed,They are taking pictures of my car as the work progresses on it and the Tech has a big smile on his face as they love working on our cars.
The dealers will tell you anything.:bored:

The 5Gts are very similiar to the SGts. The 5Gt's were orginally made for the 4.6 GT. But that does not mean they wont work with the 5.4. "Baffles breaking" because of increased pressure is complete BS.
The 5GTs are louder than the SGts.

Last edited:

ff500

Established Member
DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

bikephoto.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

Photos from today. Except for my dog and bike

chuckstang

Established Member
That looks great! Im glad your happy

I cant wait to see it in person and find out what you like or dont like about the parts you had installed.

Lets hope for some better weather, Ill be in touch :D

congrats man, Im dying to see how it drives in the dry!

ps-I have the SGTs as well lol, I think you will like them but eventually want louder like me

ff500

Established Member
I took her for a little spin yesterday handles awesome, should of come that way from Ford, also love the short throw, no whining with the gears which some have had. Exhaust sounds great, She really wants to dig in and go with the 3.73's, I didn't really give it to much because it was a little icy out and I want to break the gears in properly, but there was no wheel hop with what I gave it.

The side scoops were on the car when I bought it, I did buy it used from a Chevy dealer, I didn't even notice til I didn't see them on anybody elses car.The window louvers look a lot better in person than on the photos, I almost went with the SS black outs and may change em at some point.I took some more photos of the suspension and exhaust I'll post later. I am very happy with the car, no hissing with the new tranny, nice and crisp shifting, not blocked out of any gear.Imperial Ford did a great job.

ff500

Established Member
Exhaust sounds good comparable to my bassanni I had on my 03 Cobra, maybe a little louder in the car.The antenna and hood struts are Steeda.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does anyone have any experience with this kit?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9968

Its rated at 540 hp. Its the same kit that comes on the KR.
Im debating this kit, because it says that if you have it installed at time of delivery, they will honor your 3/36 warranty.

I have heard a rumor that once the stock pulley is removed with a puller, the pulley gets slightly mishappen and cannot be re-used. The FRPP kit is at least and alternative, as opposed to going with a kit based on swapping on a new 2.8 or 2.6 pulley. Once you take your stock pulley off, you may not be able to put the stock one back on because:

-Once the stock pulley is removed, it is mishappen and not the same.
-Ford does not sell the pulley by itself, you have to by the entire blower snout which goes for $1,000+. And I have heard they are difficult to order and backorderd.

Im not sure I can take that kind of risk on this car. (Althought I am still debating it). I may go for the kit with the factory warranty for awhile. I have seen my fair share of Mod motors go nuclear for no reason. Without the factory warranty, they would have been screwed!:uh oh:

There is no pulley upgrade from ford, only an entire blower upgrade.

The FRPP stuff puts your engine warranty under 12month/12k mi from them, so its not as good as the factory warranty. I would not buy their CAI kit for that sole reason, as its extremely easy to remove an aftermarket CAI kit and flash the car back to stock with an SCT tuner, if you ever need to go in for warranty work. Now I would buy the FRPP CAI kit because it fits well and works well, and if you do stuff like take your car to the dealer for an oil change, they will probably never question a ford racing part even if you put it on yourself.

With the ASP puller tool you can remove the stock pulley in most cases with no damage. You may want to consider getting a spare blower and just swapping the whole thing on (takes about 2 hours). On my car I have a 2.65" pulley that looks like stock.

ff500

Established Member
The frpp stuff doesn't change your existing warranty nor does it void it as long as its installed by a dealer, the 12 month 12000 mile warranty is on that part or whatever warranty you get with the frpp part you install, the 60,000 powertrain stays the same, and the 36,000 bumper to bumper stays the same.

CDW63

Established Member
The FRPP CAI looks great, I would love to see some dyno numbers of before and after. Can you flash the car back to stock with the Ford controller that comes with the FRPP CAI?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The dealers will tell you anything.:bored:

The 5Gts are very similiar to the SGts. The 5Gt's were orginally made for the 4.6 GT. But that does not mean they wont work with the 5.4. "Baffles breaking" because of increased pressure is complete BS.
The 5GTs are louder than the SGts.

I put the 5GTs on mine 2 days after I bought it, sounds good and has been working fine.

Didn't know about the SGTs unitl I read this. The price difference is $200 between the 5GT and SGT, and it looks exactly the same. There can't be $200 worth of changes inside the SGT.

Reminds me of the 03/04 Cobra parts costing a lot more than 99/01 parts for pretty much no reason at all. :read:

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
03 dsg snake,
I have the SGT's the main difference is that there is a little less drone in the car and also the tips on the SGT's sit perfectly flush with the rear valance where as the 5GT's stick out about 2 or so inches.. There is also 4 baffles inside the muffler itself that gives it the deeper sound.. The 5GT's are get the hell out of my way loud... and the SGT's are old school rumble.. They are both awesome.. If your looking for nice and loud go for the 5GT's if your looking for a little quieter but the same deep rumble effect then go SGT's... Just my $.02

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
If anyone is looking I have a FRPP CAI for sale new in box... I was going to install then decided to get the TVS and that comes with one...

Users who are viewing this thread