FRPP 2" drop shackle and spring?

Lucke55

Established Member
I have it a love it. This will not be an extreme drop by any means, but it absolutely improves the handling. Its a great drop for a DD and the price can't be beat. If mine wasn't a DD I would have gone lower.

AlexD13

Cop Magnet
Established Member
I have it a love it. This will not be an extreme drop by any means, but it absolutely improves the handling. Its a great drop for a DD and the price can't be beat. If mine wasn't a DD I would have gone lower.

exactly what i want.

any more extreme and you gotta replace shocks, bolts, and what not and i just want a little lower and some better handling.

is the handling gains all that noticeable?

01svtL

Established Member
Yea it handles a little better. You'll still have to get an alignment and possibly camber bolts. I'd get them from LFP though, as Firestone charged me over $100 for mine. I was pissed when I found that out, after the fact.

01svtL

Established Member
Nope, sorry. If I get a chance to clean it up tomorrow I'll take some pics. I'm planning to go a little lower in the near future.

AlexD13

Cop Magnet
Established Member
yeah ill go lower later but right now, with the way my colleges campus is and what not, im really not putting a bunch of money into a drop... too many speed bumps, idiots, and dips.

thanks!!

01svtL

Established Member
yeah ill go lower later but right now, with the way my colleges campus is and what not, im really not putting a bunch of money into a drop... too many speed bumps, idiots, and dips.

thanks!!

Yea, to me the spring for the front rides better than stock. I didn't really notice much additional stiffness at all. The little bit it DID add, I felt like it needed anyway.

I plan on picking up a set of leafs for the rear (I also have 1 leaf removed in the rear, but the 10-way Strange shocks keep the ride nice and smooth) and cutting the front springs half a coil w/ the addition of QA1's to hopefully absorb some of the bounciness it might produce. (sway bar is removed too, so the cut spring might counteract this a little as well)

RUthLEss03

11.24@123
Established Member
I have the whole FRPP kit installed and the ISO's removed in front. I wish the rear was another inch or so lower.
newstance3yv7.jpg

Last edited:

Stewie 03

Established Member
I installed the FRPP 1/2 kit about 3 years ago and, for the money, you can't beat it. Replacing the front iso's with heater hose netted me an inch and a half both front and rear. As others have said the ride didn't change much and handling was slightly improved.

About 6 months ago I removed the 2 helper leafs in the rear (mine's an '03) and got another 2 inches out back. I cut the bump stops as well. This caused a bit of a rougher ride out back. I just received some shock extenders via the Big Edbsoky and I will be installing them this weekend along with removing my hitch. The extenders should really help the ride in the rear.

Good luck with the install.

Users who are viewing this thread