FRPP tune no more?

DIB5.0

Established Member
Read this on another forum

I was told by my dealer I needed to get a tune in order to remove a couple of drivability issues I did not care for, although they are inherent on the 5.0L. When I went back last week I talked more about the tune and the dealer said they stopped installing tunes from the dealership due to the TSB. They were using FRPP tune and I was told the issue was that the tune was leaning the car out at idle, which in turn leaned it out across the RPM range. This made the car sound better at idle and offered better performance across the whole RPM range. The lean condition was what is believed to be causing the issue. Again this according to a trusted dealer. I dont know how the other tuners are mapping their tunes.

wbt

Banned
Read this on another forum

I was told by my dealer I needed to get a tune in order to remove a couple of drivability issues I did not care for, although they are inherent on the 5.0L. When I went back last week I talked more about the tune and the dealer said they stopped installing tunes from the dealership due to the TSB. They were using FRPP tune and I was told the issue was that the tune was leaning the car out at idle, which in turn leaned it out across the RPM range. This made the car sound better at idle and offered better performance across the whole RPM range. The lean condition was what is believed to be causing the issue. Again this according to a trusted dealer. I dont know how the other tuners are mapping their tunes.

Do the community a favor and get rid of your 5.0. I am tired of seeing you instigate & propagate everything related to tunes and #8. You are just inciting dissent and fear mongering.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Do the community a favor and get rid of your 5.0. I am tired of seeing you instigate & propagate everything related to tunes and #8. You are just inciting dissent and fear mongering.

here here

wbt

Banned
You must have never visited s197forums.com. that place is ridiculous. God forbid you ask a 2011 specific question in the 2011 tech forum.

No doubt. I would have to say modularfords is my fav of them all with a second being this forum.

s197 is at the bottom of the list for me.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
You must have never visited s197forums.com. that place is ridiculous. God forbid you ask a 2011 specific question in the 2011 tech forum.

No doubt. I would have to say modularfords is my fav of them all with a second being this forum.

s197 is at the bottom of the list for me.

+1000000

Took no time at all to realize that place is a waste of time.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
1 thing,,,if you are going to mod any car and start racing it or whatever expect any car to break!!!!!!!!!!!they all do even john forces!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread