FRPP TVS Users- Old Scool- help needed

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
I just purchased my first GT500 this week. A 2009 that is heavily modded, but still has the stock EAton with a 2.6 upper and 15% lower. It has long-tubes, ford racing TB and C&L 113mm intake.

I just picked up a FRPP gen 1 TVS with stock inlet and no pulley. I know this is old school and there is much better stuff out there, but I'm interested in maximizing what I have.

My questions are:

1) will my 2.6 pulley off my 2009 Eaton work on the FRPP TVS, or will I need to buy a pulley

2) can a 2013 trinity inlet be used on the FRPP TVS with minor modifications, or will it not work? What other inlet options are there?

My research indicates that the gen 1 FRPP TVS isn't bad but with a better inlet would be similar to a gen 1 VMP TVS.

Help from any experienced FRPP TVS users would be much appreciated!

Joe

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can find a Gen I elbow, the case can be ported to match. I think VMP still sells that version of their elbow. The Trinity elbow is a no go. I do not believe the bolt pattern is the same. I think the pulleys are interchangeable, but you might consider smaller.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I called VMP before posting this and I think I got the only guy there that didn't know the answer to any of these questions. Super nice guy but didn't know anything about their elbows, or their pulleys for the FRPP TVS.

I'm looking to make 680-700 whp with the FRPP. I've read that it can be done but will require a lot of supporting mods (which I already have), plus a better inlet and smaller pulley (which I don't have).

I was hoping the trinity inlet could work because they're cheap. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I need to hunt up a pulley and an inlet for this gen 1 FRPP TVS and I should be good to go.

I'll welcome any other information or experience with reaching 680-700 whp with a Gen 1 FRPP TVS....

Thanks in advance..

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I see VMP still sells the elbow, but it also includes a 67mm throttle body. You might try to talk them out of the just the elbow.

Fast Ford

Established Member
Joe, A 2.5 upper is the smallest you can run, anything smaller would require the snout to be machined, however the stock Eaton will fit. Your hp goal can be attained with the 2.3 FPPP TVS with a port match and moving up from the 113mm CAI. I ran one with a stock 08 lower pulley, 2.5 upper, port matched elbow, FRPP twin 65mm TB and ID 725's and was at 665 rwhp.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
This is encouraging and I appreciate the replies. I've been emailing VMP tech all day and they have no idea what elbow and what pulley is definitely correct for my application. Super nice guys (Paul and Joey) but they act like they've never heard of a first gen FRPP TVS. I wish I could get to Justin. Im sure he would spit out the part numbers for the elbow and the pulley off the top of his head.

Fast ford- when you made 665, did you have longtubes?

Cat monkey- I'm going to try to get the VMP elbow. It looks like their part number is 72ELBOW according to Paul

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think Fast Ford is right on the pulley diameter. VMP did have additional machining on the snout for the smaller pulley. You may be able to have the machining done on the snout to run a 2.4".

Fast Ford

Established Member
Joe, Yes I run 1.75 long tube headers.

The FRPP 2.3's are very good superchargers. It was a joint development between Harrop and Roush that utilized Eaton 2.3 TVS rotors. BPS can machine the snout for a 2.4 and also port match an elbow as well as the inlet of the supercharger.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Thank you! I really like the look of the FRPP piece as well as the added performance. I would be happy with a 2.5 pulley if I could just find one....I called BPS and they said the Eaton pulley is a different offset than the gen 1 FRPP TVS and they'll look to see if they have any of the "old" blower pulleys for the gen 1 FRPP?

Also, If I can't get a bolt on upgraded elbow, I will have BPS port my stock one....thanks for the tip!

I already have longtubes, intake, 15% lower, ford twin 65 TB, BAP, 90mm idler,etc. to support the TVS, just need to find that darn 2.5 pulley. I've wanted a gt500 since they came out and I'm completely loving it now that I have finally purchased one......BUT this is HEAVY and at 560whp, it's a dog compared to my other car...it needs waking up....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread