FRPS? I know this horse has been beat to death...but.

RixSikcobra04

Ok, I ran the gas level down REALLY low(my bad, I know)...almost completely empty is my guess. Filled it up with gas, drove it and it started running like crap. It was missing, sounded like a cylinder was down, down on power, smelled rich, check engine light came on. I checked the plugs which were perfect. I changed the timing on the car slightly with my Excal2 (just to try and reset the computer), and the light went off and the car ran good again. Shut it off and started it again and all of the symptoms came back including the light. I did this several times with the same results. I also have a steep driveway, and when I'd park/idle on it, the rpms would be all over the place(new). I also pulled the frps off and see if fuel would come out and it didn't. I pulled the frps off of the rail while the car was running and it died completely. I'd start it, it'd run for a couple of seconds then die again. Is this the fprs?....anyone?

BTW, I have a KB BAP set at 50.

Rick

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What mods do you have for the BAP to be set to 50%.

Could be the FRPS, or a really bad tank of gas, maybe with water in it or something.

-Jeff

RixSikcobra04

Hissman, Mods are 2.8/4#, Stieg 3 port, cams, intake, exhaust, tb, fully built internals, stock fuel rail/injectors. I also have an NX wet kit(which is why it's set so high). Should I not set it so high?

I just got back from Ford. Diagnosis popped out an injector code,frps code, and an overboost code(I like that one:D )...anyways, changed the frps and there is no change in performance of the car:( . So, I guess, tomorrow a.m. I'll go back to Ford to have the #1 injector changed and the filter while I'm at it. Hopefully, that'll cure the running-like-sh*t-condition it's in now.

The only entertaining thing about my visit to Ford was that the service guy tried to charge me 90 bucks to change the frps:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I was like, Naw dude, give me the thing and I'll install it. Took 2 minutes:rollseyes

Oh well, I'll update as I know. If anyone has any other suggestions, it'd be aprpeciated.

Rick

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would check and see what it need via data logging, and only turn it up as far as you need to. I would find what setting you need for your NX kit, and without it. I would keep it at your non N20 setting until you need to crank it up for the gas. That is just my opinion though.

-Jeff

RixSikcobra04

Ok, it was the #1 fuel injector. Ford did a flowtest and that injector read "NF"...I was able to deduce from my 6th grade education that NF meant no flow. Sooooo, dude at Ford tries to tell me that it'd be 180 bones(2 hours labor)to install it:lol: . I must have "idiot" on my forehead. I told 'em that I'd install it myself then he says they'll do it for 90 bux. Fine. They installed it in about 30 minutes(45 bux?). So, to make a long story short, the car runs like a fricken champ. I think the that injector was going bad for awhile and this episode sent it over the edge. The car feels faster now than it has in awhile...I don't know, maybe I'm just happy to be back at full power. Good times!

Anyways, Hiss and Chini, thanx for the input. I'm definitely gonna do what ya said by putting the BAP knob in the cab as opposed to the trunk where I have it now...I can't believe that I didn't think of that before.

Right on, guys,...THANX A BUNCH.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread