FRPS or pprv... or FPDM?!

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
OK heres the deal... i finally got the car running this weekend!Sooo i decided i would take it around the block, to see if it ran hot or if it would leak anything. OK it ran "ok" on the first road... but it still hesistated & bucked on top end(3/4 throttle). Now going down the road...it starts skipping just cruising...so i pull in a church to check out if anything under the hood was out-of place. Everthing looks normal. SO i turn around to had back home.... NOW the car wont respond unless i just barely press the gas...just enough to get going. It will completely die out if it is pressed any further. And now that it has been sitting in the yard for a day, it wont barely even idle. It will have a cloud gas under the hood(blue,smells like fuel badddd). What could it be???

PS: i ran it with the FRPS unplugged and it idled ok...then it went to die so i plugged the sensor back up, it came back to idle for about 4 seconds then it did that blueish smoke/horrible gas smell thing.

PSS: i had once deleted the pprv, but the car ran too rich without it, so i replaced it, but with the hose coming out was replaced with regular fuel injection hose... non-submersible, and i do not know if it may be kinked or ate up by now. sorry for the long explanation

Last edited:

grant007

Established Member
im in the same boat, low pressure cutting out, did you check your ECT temps, my gauge was reading normal right in the middle. but happen to scroll by while monitoring it when it was having a "spell" and bogging. it was reading 250F. stupid gauges. that was with the ac on. ac off cools back down. im thinking ccrm.
FJG

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
im in the same boat, low pressure cutting out, did you check your ECT temps, my gauge was reading normal right in the middle. but happen to scroll by while monitoring it when it was having a "spell" and bogging. it was reading 250F. stupid gauges. that was with the ac on. ac off cools back down. im thinking ccrm.
FJG

no...i just went by the gauge. but it does this on cold-start too.it also did it a little before i tore the car apart, so its probably the lines kinked, idk...im just worried. I think i may try throwing two gt pumps,pprv delete kit, and a new frps and see what happens :shrug:

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
What do you have for fuel presure?
Sounds low.
look for 30 to 55 psi depending on load.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
What do you have for fuel presure?
Sounds low.
look for 30 to 55 psi depending on load.

Mine? idk...i dont have a way to check it. it doesnt squirt out when u press in the valve on the fuel rail, it just dribbles out. if that means anything

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
sorry for the newb stuff but what is:frps,pprv,fpdm,and ccrm

FRPS-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
FPDM-Fuel Pump Driver Module
PPRV-Parallel Pressure Relief Valve(but in ours i think all it is, is a one-way check valve)
CCRM-Constant Control Relay Module??Idk, all i know is it controls alot of things. fromwipers,cooling fans, fuel pumps as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread