Frps

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
You won't need it just call Tousley Ford: 800-328-9552 ask for Steve Powell... great prices :rockon:

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
pulled from another site

_______________-----i called my local ford dealership thursday and asked if they had this 3R3Z-9F972-AA frps in stock was told yes in stock.i went down to buy one to have as a spare and sure enough the box had that part# on it,but upon looking at the sensor itself the label reads 3R3E-9F972-AA and it is a frps.i wonder if this is the new revised part#.i did a search on several ford part websites it would list the 3R3Z-9F972-AA but not the 3R3E-9F972-AA said no part found.any ideas on this phantom part#

svtleen

Established Member
Man I read this entire thread and it angers me. :mj: When Ford SVT team was engineering these 03 Terminators I am sure they tested them on the street or track and I am 1,000,000% sure they ran into this 'shift hesitation' problem. Why didn't SVT come up with a solution instead of releasing it knowing that enthusiast like all of us will either drive it hard or mod it and encounter this BS problem. I am sure SVT had 03 Cobras with mods on their R&D facilities as well. Sorry to hear a lot of you guys talk about blowing FRPS left and right on your Cobras....WTF makes me scare to even further mod my Cobra. I love my Cobra, but when I first experience that shift hesistation I was like dam is something terribly wrong with my 03 Cobra? Did i buy a f*** up Cobra? WTF SVT. :cuss:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Does this problem only occur on 03's or are 04's just as prone? I have never had any hesitation issues nor any FPRS failure for almost 3 years now and I drive the car daily, track it 3-5 times in the summer and put her in boost very often (just to hear her whine lol) and thank God no problems. REading this thread made me realise that it seems to be an issue with the 03's only...unless i missed something????

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well many of us are running the fuel system far beyond anything SVT designed it for and expecting a mfg to over-engineer the fuel system because some of us may want 450+ rwhp is unrealistic. The hesitation issue generally gets worse with increased fuel demand but some have developed a noticeable hesitation on bone stock cars sometimes.

The '03 and '04 fuel system is identical so I doubt any Terminators are immune to these problems.

Black306

Established Member
Although the fuel systems are identical, the tunes are not. '03s tend to run more rich past ~4500 than '04s. I believe that is a major part of the reason '04s had better fuel mileage and no gas guzzler tax. That said, I think the hesitation issue was more of a problem on '03s than '04s.

1BADSNK

Established Member
I just want to make sure of this. After installing the KB washer do you need to retune the car or not??? I just got tuned & now have the washer coming. I hope I dont have to dish out more money on another tune.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Thanks... I saw a clear picture of it on page 2. I appreciate the help... I don't think it's my FRPS. My alternator died out on me @ only 20k on the car. :dw: I'm starting to think if getting this Cobra was a good move. Hell, my V6 has had no problems and it has 95K miles on it. V6 = 0; V8 = 1.

The alternators are weak, had mine rebuilt w a heavy duty diode plate (hermatic glass diodes) and new bearings. Down low like they are fill up w crap and overheat imo. So far all is good, I had one diode blow open, my gtechpro comp quit working one day. It picks up the alt freq., w diode blown, that was the reason it didn't work..
It didn't have any other symptoms besides 13.7v vs 14.3v at idle.

Above poster, the disc should not make any difference in the a/f. I'd try it out...

And ya the 03 qud2 tune 1st run was pig rich wot at around 10.2/1 on my car. I picked up fuel mileage at wot w a custom tune, plus power. Now it sits at 11.7/1 on the s/c. My car had af12's and that tune, svt was def scared/conservative for some reason then. In any case a custom tune can get you hp esp if a first run car imo. Door sticker, pass side will say what it had org.

Users who are viewing this thread