FS - 04' Black Whippled coupe - TX

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
SOLD

I listed the car awhile back as a Feeler.. that is no longer the case. After much thought and making a decision im sure part of me will regret, im ready to let it go. I dont drive it very often anymore and the am still losing the motivation to play with it like i used to. That being said, lets get on with the car talk!

I am 2nd owner, mileage is 59k, production # and build date in sig. I have the window sticker and SVT certificate as well as MOST receipts (from my additions), running royal purple in diff. and engine, mods are below and most were done by a performance shop:

Steggy Ported Whipple 2.3l w/ 3.25" pulley (makes ~13#'s)
60# injectors
Twin GT pumps
Dual FPDM setup with upgraded wiring (not installed)
PPRV Delete (not installed)
JLT RAI
SCT BA2800 MAF
Accufab SB TB
EGR Delete (not installed)
NGK TR6 spark plugs (~1000 miles)
Evenflow Gen II head cooling mod
Billetflow Snub Idler with 4 piece idler pulley set

MRT O/R H-pipe
Flowmaster catback

Kenne Brown Lowering springs
Delrin IRS bushing kit
Full Tilt Boogie - Bumpsteer Kit
3/8" hubcentric wheel spacers (rear)
3" extended lug studs (rear, not sure of brand)
BilletFlow IRS differential brace
IRS Front Subframe cradle bolts
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors, black powdercoated
Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
IRS Rear (button-head) Subframe bolts (not installed)
R1 Concepts - Zinc Coated Drilled and Slotted Rotors
aluminum offset steering rack bushings (not installed)

MGW Short Throw Shifter (Orange Handle)
OEM Clutch Cable (~1000 miles)
Spec 3+ Clutch
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
Ford Racing TOB
Spec Billet Steel Flywheel
Fiore Firewall Adjuster & Clutch Quadrant

Speedhut Revolution series gauges:
-Fuel (0-100psig)
-A/F Wideband w/ LC-1 wideband controller
-Boost (30psi vac - 30psi boost)

SS Chrome COBRA inserts on bumper

17x9" & 17x10.5" FR500's with Black/Aluminum lip finish. Fronts are 275 Kuhmo's, rears are 315 NT05R's. All tires are like new; Nittos have less than 200 miles, no burnouts or track time. One of the NT05R's was just replaced due to some sidewall damage from road debris, so one has probably 30 miles on it.

It was my DD for 8 months and was a full time DD of the previous owner, so there are some rock chips on the front end that are unavoidable for a DD, but nothing that stands out. There is a scratch on the passenger side of the rear bumper that happened in a parking lot (hit and run), but isnt big enough to warrant filing an insurance claim on it. No dent, just chipped the paint slightly.. gotta love taking the car out in public :fm:

Interior still smells new.. believe it or not. I have people tell me that each time they sit in it, but I am not sure how I keep it. I just keep cleaning like i normally do since that seems to be maintaining it. Seats are in good condition, slight visible wear on drivers seat.

Since owning the car, it has only been to the track once with a ported eaton setup on street tires, only made 4 or 5 passes. Never been to the track with whipple.

Tuned by Houston Performance, made 583/504 (corrected) with A/F dialed in to 11.6-11.8 across the board. Here is a dyno video when it was getting tuned (it was dirty, dont hold it against me)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9XXMpZmSI"]YouTube - Whipple Cobra Dyno[/nomedia]

The car comes with a car cover and whatever old parts if requested. I also have a set of aluminum offset bushings for the steering rack as the stock OEM ones have starting the notorious creaking noise. These would come with the car but are not installed right now.

Asking $23,000.00 OBO

If interested, send me a PM. Located in Houston

Thanks for looking :beer:

DSC00573.gif

IMG_0587.gif

IMG_0604.jpg

DSCF4422.jpg

Detail1252009010.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

P8300043.jpg

Last edited:

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
Learn to :read: the whole post...

Go have another beer and stay the **** outta the market if you are just gonna comment on dumb shit like someone missing a location on a for sale ad you ****in tool.

Oh,and thanks to the OP for the response.:beer:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Interesting that you ported the whipple...what kind of gain din you mkae? jw! Sick ass car! And im in texas;-)

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i purchased the whipple as is with most of the supporting mods. the port was done by Steggy in Februrary 09, it was actually "the" whipple they used for R&D on porting twin screws. I think the gains they saw were around 30rwhp and 15rwtq. I just happened to come across it and havent seen another one yet. The sound seems to be much louder than other whipples and the gains up for interpretation. I just think it is really cool unique trait to the car now. As far as i know it is the only steggy ported whipple around.

The original car it was on for the work was running a 3.25" upper/6# lower with full exhaust and i think it made ~630rwhp/614rwtq.. or something right along those lines.

The biggest differences ive noticed are the sound, the temps seem to stay cooler and the boost is lower than normal for a certain pulley. i believe a 3.25" pulley should make 15#'s and i am at 13#'s.

Anyways, thats the word on the unique whipple lol

Last edited:

Rocket13

Established Member
You finally made up your mind? I wish I had mine sold so I could move on to something like this. If you don't sell it keep me posted. GLWS

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Maybe I missed it but what color is the interior?? Great looking car good luck with sale.

Lad30nyc

Established Member
WOW beautiful Cobra just what I want just wish mine would sell so I can justify buying a new one as Im looking for a house... dammit

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i guess i dont have any pictures on photobucket to show the interior, i can take some and upload. Anyways its the dark charcoal inserts. Interior is stock aside from the shifter and gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread