FS: 04 Built Turbo Cobra 6 speed

04yfzkid

Established Member
FS: 04 Built Turbo Cobra 6 speed 792whp

I bought the car off my brother in 2011. He built the car to what it was (e85 whipple 3.4 @ 30psi 840whp) and I re-did a lot of stuff on it during the turbo process including the motor. Car runs strong and is a sleeper as much as a cobra can be. It's is super quiet and screams when the waste gate opens! It could be a lot louder if you added an electronic cut out, or cut out the mufflers and straight piped it.

I built the car around being a 100% DD possible car, with all the amenities. Still has A/C, Power steering, stereo, ect!

2004 Silver Mustang SVT Cobra
Motor:
-Roush slightly ported 9 thread heads with less and 1000 miles
-MMR 1000S stroker 5.0L motor
-Kellog stroker crank
-Manley rods
-Manley dished pistons .30 over (not 100% but ever the next size up bore is)
-Arp: rod bolts, main bolts, side bolts, and head studs
-FRPP Head Gaskets
-Total Seal File Fit AP Steel Rings
-Mach 1 intake manifolds powder coated black
-Mach 1 timing chain cover powder coated black
-Stock Exhaust Manifolds Ceramic Coated
-Valve covers powder coated black
-Brand New alternator, and alternator plug
-Brand New IAT 1 and 2 sensor
-Brand New IAC valve and gasket
-Accufab twin 60mm polished throttle body
-All new felpro gaskets with rebuild
-New Ford water pump
-New TR6 spark plugs

Turbo:
-Percision 78mm (Rebuilt with motor)
-Eboost 2 boost controller
-Tial 44mm waste gate
-Tial Q 50mm BOV
-PRO-M slot style MAF in a 4" MAF housing
-10 drain line and -4 feed Brand New
-Exhaust 3" down pipe ran out to a Y into magnaflow mufflers and ran all the way out the back
-3" I/C piping all with either bead rolls or welds to hold on the silicone couplers
-Intercooler and piping painted black for "sleeper points". Supposed to work based on might car mods and feels cool to the touch after runs.

Fuel system:
-Glenns performance triple pump setup with sumpped tank, comes with all steal braided lines, Y blocks, fuel pressure regulator, fittings, and 3 300LPH walbro pumps
-Division X fuel rails
-Bosch 105LB injectors
-10 micron filter
-10 AN line feed
-8 AN line return
-All lines brand new and most fittings brand new
-Wired with heavy duty wire and single 150amp relay
-Injectors cleaned and flow tested with new O-rings

Tranny:
-Upgraded 26 spline input shaft
-Mcloed RXT twin disc
-All steel shift forks, bronze shift fork pads, carbon fiber syncros
-TRI-AX short shifter
-FRPP throw out and pilot bearing

Suspension:
-MM Camber Caster Plates
-UPR Tubular K member
-UPR Coil over kit
-FTBR bushing kit
-IRS dif brace
-Driveshaft safety loop

Other goodies:
-Alpine in dash DVD, Navigation double din head unit, with Ipod hook up, USB and SAT ready
-FR500 17” all black wheels with 555 275x40x17 fronts and ET street 2 315x35x17 rears (very low miles) with spare 555R 315x35x17 rears on FR500's that are worn out
-F**kin fast shift knob
-15% tint all the way around
-Centric Slotted Rotors with EBC pads on all 4 corners
-Innovative wideband gauge (brand new o2 included)
-Dual Gauge cluster bezel modified for Eboost 2
-Optima battery (1100cca) in trunk with optima mount, 1/0 welding wire, marine grade 175 amp breaker, and two posts in the engine bay for easy tie in if needed for extra powered accessories.
-All wiring with quality connectors from delcity and shrink wrapped. When necessary wire loomed and electrical tape'd.
-New Clock Spring
-WOT box
-DDM hi/low 55w HID head lights
-2 magnaflow mufflers ran all the way out the back. Has a cutout that can be unbolted or have and electronic cutout bolted in place.

There is probably stuff I am forgetting.

I've dumped way way too much money always making sure it had best parts (with in reason). Want to go back to playing with desert trucks. Make me an offer if you feel it's too high. Worst I can say is no.

$24,000 OBO

Blue line is the 91 tune. 16psi (spring pressure) and 15 degree's of timing 656whp and 687tq
Red line is the e85 tune. 21 psi and 18 degree's of timing. It appeared to be slipping on the dyno. Decided to pull it off rather than chase numbers. Also it was dyno'd with et street 2's which people say are know for lowering numbers quite a bit. 792whp and 837tq

20141122_162333_zps6o3cnwph.jpg

20141122_162344_zpsv7e657mo.jpg

20141122_162223_zpsispoiokj.jpg

20141018_065133_zps0puyn3qo.jpg

20141114_075606_zpsxsvclcez.jpg

20141114_075557_zpswf0xuqha.jpg

and an older picture of the "Snake Pit"

socalmuscle2.jpg

Turbo%20Dyno%20Graph_zpsjz7cptp2.jpg

Last edited:

04yfzkid

Established Member
Updates!

Car runs good. Driving it around on 4lb wastegate spring so there is no chance to hurt the motor. NEED TO SELL! I'm a broke college student. Has 200 miles on the new parts and it sits patiently in the garage for the new owner. Willing to make a deal.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Fixed the oil leak. New Felpro valve cover, timing chain cover, and oil pan gaskets along with the front main seal replaced. Also put in an ARP crank bolt. Power steering pump started making a little bit of noise, so I put on a new one from ford.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. I'll check in the afternoon tomorrow when I drive it after work for the miles.

Yes it did, made right around 840whp. This was the first video when it was tuned on the 3.4 set up.

[video=youtube_share;iZxOBCxnkpg]http://youtu.be/iZxOBCxnkpg[/video]

Last edited:

04yfzkid

Established Member
With the end of the semester my GI bill money is up until the next semester. It's on hold for getting tunned until then. My part time job doesn't pay enough to keep it around.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Just got it aligned. Really itching to get back in the dirt, and have the garage back. Fired right up in 37 degree weather!

Users who are viewing this thread