FS: 04 Built Turbo Cobra 6 speed

04yfzkid

Established Member
Where is the car located? Sry if it's in the add I missed it

Opps, sorry about that. It's in Escondido California.

Took it to cars and coffee this morning. It didn't get much attention until my buddy said, "they probably don't realize it's turbo." Immediately the guy next to us replies, "That cobra is turbo, I had no idea!" So the sleeper touches worked perfectly on it.

The water pump started to leak out of the weep hole so tomorrow I am replacing it with a factory ford pump. Also I don't like the cheap adapter connectors on the injectors, so I am cutting off the factory ones and replacing them with the correct connectors for the bosh 105's. I'll keep the stock connectors for anyone that wants to swap back for some reason.

04yfzkid

Established Member
Been busy with school and working on friends cars so I haven't had time to update this thread. Had an amateur photographer take pictures so I'll start a new thread with those pictures and an updated list.

The car had an airbag light on because someone decided to play with the steering wheel while the steering shaft was disconnected. Installed a new clock spring, and everything is back to normal.

Also installed a N2MB WOT box. It works amazing!

Had a boost brace built so there is no worries of the I/C piping blowing off the throttle body. It's overkill but I'd rather not worry about it in the future.

Here are some pics I took from my phone.

IMG_20150206_215133_zpsgqkfe2dy.jpg

20150206_215906_zpsgnmqtlhr.jpg

Total Sleeper!

20150206_205001_zpsdsx64akj.jpg

20150206_194206_zpssyn0ftib.jpg

I'll paint more tomorrow

20150203_092031_zpsk4iv9xfm.jpg

04yfzkid

Established Member
If give you 21k in a heartbeat lol

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say but I'm looking for a little more than that now.

Had the drive shaft checked out, u-joints are good and shaft is balanced (still good from the factory)

The rear rims were plasti-dipped so I had them switched out with the painted ones that had the bald 555rs. Both sets got balanced today.

Was going to get tuned Friday, but the trailer is taken. Hopefully next Friday there is a slot open and we'll see what she makes!

gt347mustang

Established Member
Nice car. Hope you get what you're asking!
I'm curious to see what it makes after tuned. Been thinking of selling my turbo cobra. I've got a similar setup, smaller turbo but teksid based.

04yfzkid

Established Member
It was an joke since you said somebody offered you 20k. Super clean cobra though, somebody is going to get one hell of a car for that price.

Haha yeah hard to read sarcasm on the internet sometimes. Thanks!

Nice car. Hope you get what you're asking!
I'm curious to see what it makes after tuned. Been thinking of selling my turbo cobra. I've got a similar setup, smaller turbo but teksid based.

Thanks! The numbers are posted below.

so how much are you looking to get?

Well now that the anxiety people had of buying a car that's not proven (aka tuned) the flex in the OBO has gotten smaller. There still is some bargaining room though.

I am working on selling my 5.0 right now, if I can sell quick, I'll be all over this!

Hopefully it sells. You could have it in time for tx2k15 :)

Blue line is the 91 tune. 16psi (spring pressure) and 15 degree's of timing 656whp and 687tq
Red line is the e85 tune. 21 psi and 18 degree's of timing. It appeared to be slipping on the dyno. Decided to pull it off rather than chase numbers. Also it was dyno'd with et street 2's which people say are know for lowering numbers quite a bit. 792whp and 837tq

Turbo%20Dyno%20Graph_zpsjz7cptp2.jpg

04yfzkid

Established Member
Got a referee ticket in California. Looking to get rid of quick because I now have some fee's to pay. Make an offer because I want it gone!

04yfzkid

Established Member
Sad day for me after all the hard work. I lost my ass on the car, but it's sold to a good home. No I wont post the price though because I hate when people say, "That guy sold his car for way cheaper than your asking with more money into it, will you take this lowball offer?" I ran into life problems and firesold (I think that's a word lol) this car.

slowcoupe

Established Member
Damn. I cant believe I missed out on this car. I was the guy that got your number from the Fab Fords Car Show. I dropped and shattered my Iphone 6 and lost all my info. Your number included. I searched all the instagram #fabford tags looking for some info on your car and couldn't find anything. I just stumbled across this thread now...

Either way glad it went to a good home. It was an awesome looking car and i wish it was parked in my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread