FS: 1989 Mustang GT

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
testing the waters...

Selling my 1989 Ford Mustang GT which I have used as my daily driver for the last 7 years. Miles are showing exempt on the title. Strong running mustang for an enthusiast, student, or someone to start a build on. I have a folder full of receipts for parts and labor around $6400. Motor is pretty much stock with the exception of a K&N replacement filter. Still has the base timing of 10 degrees and the air silencer still in place! Paint is about 8 yrs old with some clear coat peeling on the hood, spoiler, and driver side mirror. I say she is a 10-20 footer. List of parts/details on the GT are…

Exterior:
Black, debadged, does have a hitch used by previous owner to pull jet ski, Ford chrome Pony wheels 16x7 with NEW Falken Ziex 245/50/16 97H tires, clear corner sidemarkrs, Sylvania bulbs hi/low headlight bulbs.

Interior:
Gray tweed interior, gray carpet, lumbar support drv/pass seats, adjustable thigh boltster supports, cruise control, p/l, p/w, power mirrors, tilt steering, map light(non-functional), replaced multifunction switch, headlight switch, and ignition switch.
AutoMeter Phantom gauges: 2 1/16 Phantom Oil PSI, 2 1/16 Phantom Water Temp mounted on dual pod on the A-pillar. Phantom 5” Tach with Shift Light(non-functional at times, haven’t checked the wiring)
MAC White face instrument display, Kenwood CD player w/ detachable face, black floor mats with cobra logo

Engine/Cooling/Suspension,etc:
5.0, 302 cu.in., K&N replacement filter, short belt bypassing the smog pump(seized pulley), A/C converted to 134A(leak on the evaporator), heater core replaced with Ford Motorcraft core and runs hot, HD 3-core radiator, 180 degree thermostat(never got over 195* in 100+degree heat, a/c running, driving around town), aftermarket harmonic balancer, replaced rack and pinion, Gabriel front struts and rear shocks,

Drivetrain:
Rebuilt T-5 with Spec 2 HD clutch in Sept/05’, Maximum Motorsport Firewall adjuster, cable, and quadrant, PRO5.0 shiter w/ Steeda billet aluminum rubber shift knob. Transmission still shifts like butter. Ford Motorsport(FMS) aluminum driveshaft, Complete rebuilt 8.8 rearend with seals,bearings, etc, FMS 3.73 gear set, FMS differential cover.

Exhaust:
Off Road h-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers dumped.

I am sure I’m missing a few things. Gas mileage for those interested, I get 16-17mpg in city and 23-24 hwy. Did hit 26mpg on the hwy once. Engine runs nice and cool with the HD radiator and t-stat, usually around 180-185 degrees. Does burn a little oil, but no leaks of any type of fluid. Oil changed every 3,000 miles, easy car to work on and maintain. Just sold my wife’s car and now selling my GT. Three sport cars and a family ride is just not practical for us, so the GT is the last vehicle to sell. Not looking for any monthly payments, just pay in full. I’ll post new pics as soon as I can, but the only ones I have available are a few yrs old. PM me if interested. Asking price is $4,800.

Only a few steps I used in my cleaning process.

*Washed
*Claybar w/ Meguiars Detailing Spray
*Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze on speed 4.5 w/ Polishing pad
*Meguiars DC Polish#2 (Buffed with Microfiber bonnet speed 4)
*Meguiars NXT Wax x1 coat (Buffed w/ MF bonnet speed 4) Finishing pad

Everything is not listed, but you get the idea. Usually detail takes anywhere from 8-12 hours.

Thanks,
J.R.

Snapped today
GTmustang11.jpg

GTmustang16.jpg

GTmustang4.jpg

GTmustang14.jpg

GTmustang13.jpg

GTmustang12.jpg

GTmustang10.jpg

GTmustang9.jpg

GTmustang8.jpg

GTmustang7.jpg

GTmustang6.jpg

GTmustang3.jpg

GTmustang2.jpg

GTmustang.jpg

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Showing over 18K on the odometer. Previous owner had 4.10s for 40K miles and I had 3.73s for 60K miles without ever changing the speedo gear. My guess 200K.

Have someone who may pick it up next week:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread