FS: 1997 4.6 2V T-Bird

FrankCastle99

This is not vengeance...
Established Member
I have decided to sell the Thunderbird. It has been my daily driver for a little over 2 years and I have never had any issues with it other than basic maintenance stuff.

Here are the details:

The Basics:

1997 Dark Green T-Bird (Alpine Green? - Paint Code is SR)
- 107K miles - (I am the 3rd owner, second owner bought it with ~7K on it and I bought it at 69K miles from him)- No wrecks that I am aware of
- 4.6 SOHC – runs perfectly, uses no oil whatsoever
- Grey Leather interior – 8.5/10 (driver’s seat is worn, carpet is a little dirty, steering wheel peeling but I have a new one that will go with the car)
- Original paint (in very good condition, very few minor blemishes as would be expected with a 10+ year old car)
- Original motor and transmission (both in good working order) – I have a 2001 GT trans and TC available for an additional $200 to the buyer if they are interested

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:

- Mustang Bolt pattern conversion to 5 x 4.5” pattern – performed per the Technical Article on TCCoA (http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/index.html#)
- Full Front Cobra brake conversion with Cobra calipers and slotted/drilled rotors (new 12/06)
- Cobra rear rotors with new pads (also new 12/06)
- ’98 Cobra wheels (authentic, have some minor curb rash on a couple of them)
- Front tires are Michelin Pilots (245/45/17 with 8/32” tread remaining)
- Rear tires are Hankook Ventus (245/45/17 with 5/32” tread remaining)

Engine/Exhaust:
- EEC has been flashed with a performance tune by TFHS Motorsports using SCT software (limiter removed, shift points altered, TC lockup schedule altered, timing bumped, etc.)
- 2002 Mustang GT MAF, airbox, and intake tube with a K&N Filter
- Custom 2.5” dual exhaust from the exhaust manifolds back with a Magnaflow resonator (built in x-pipe) and two Magnaflow mufflers in the stock locations (done in 2005, very nice sound, no drone whatsoever and only loud at WOT)

Interior:

- Grey Leather interior – 8.5/10 (driver’s seat is worn and has a tear – Mark VIII seats go with the car and the steering wheel peeling but I have a newer one for the car that isn’t) - pics of the Mark VIII seats here: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=91567
- Cluster converted to ’96 cluster with 145 MPH SC Speedometer (done at 73K miles – odometer reading is 2K higher than car actually has because the SC speedo was showing 75K miles when installed)
- Stock stereo system with AM/FM CD ($2K Best Buy System with Rockford Fosgate amps, Kenwood CD/MP3 head unit, and two 12” subs - available for an additional cost – not currently installed in car)

Recent Maintenance:

- New brake rotors/pads – December 2006
- New Accessory Belt – October 2006
- New Wiper Blades – October 2006
- 4 wheel alignment – December 2006
- Replaced VSS – January 2007

This car is in very good condition and only has tasteful modifications, none of which are irreversible. It has never been to the strip or on a dyno, so I am not sure of what it would run or how much power it makes. I have babied this car and the majority of the miles are from my old job as a sales rep and are almost all highway miles.

Exterior:

ext01.gif

ext02.gif

ext03.gif

ext04.gif

ext05.gif

ext06.gif

ext07.gif

ext08.gif

ext09.gif

ext10.gif

ext11.gif

ext12.gif

DirtyEngine.gif

NightTaillights.gif

NightHeadlights.gif

And a picture of the lone ding on the entire car:

DoorDing.gif

Interior:

Interior.gif

PassSeat.gif

BackSeat.gif

SC145Cluster.gif

DriversSeat.gif

VINSticker.gif

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:

CobraFrontBrakes.gif

PilotsTread.gif

RearCobraBrakes.gif

HankooksTread.gif

Again, the only reason I’m selling is that I will be getting a car for work soon and I no longer need a daily driver. This car will make someone one hell of a daily driver. It rides smoothly and handles nicely as well. It SCREAMS to a stop when you need it with the Cobra brakes. And it gets 20+MPG too.

$3,900 negotiable

I am not in a hurry to sell this car and I am open to offers. PM me if you’re interested. The car is located in the Tulsa, OK metro area.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread