FS 1999 Cobra w/terminator engine swap

eduardo4671

Established Member
Any problem with the stock 5 speed trans? could it be a good DD with the stock transmission or its necessary to get the t56?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
that t45 is a ticking time bomb at any serious power levels a stock t45 or t3650 blow up...you can buy the car and baby it but that trans wont last through any abuse.

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
what says 450 is serious power? There are plenty of cars going about with the stock 5spd and 400 - 500+ . like you said, abuse. anything will give out eventually with abuse. I know quite a few people with 450 - 500+ with a stock t45 and have no problems. only idiot driving will break the trans. dont drive like a jerk, and you wont have to replace a trans.

Last edited:

joeschmoemmix

Vigilant
Established Member
as far as the t45 being no good. I do recall knowing someone who had a bone stock 01 with lowish miles on it, and he blew through transmission like they were candy because he constantly beat on the car.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
The t45 is a pretty decent trans actually. I drove my eaton'd '99 with 470rwhp for a year straight and beat on it quite a bit at the track and on the street and never even showed signs of a grind or notch. Also, fwiw I had the stock 3650 in my '01 for a few months while I was at 645rwhp and it held fine too. I babied it at first for the first couple weeks, but after that I was bangin gears and it shifted smooth everytime. So a stock t45 in this car should hold up fine, or it least not shatter like glass like everyone keeps talking about. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread