FS: 1999 RIO Cobra 5.0L

12C/OBoss

Established Member
niiiiice car! Interested in any Cobra trades? I really want a track car but cannot mod my 16,400 mile 98 Coupe. I did exhaust and feel dirty LOL

BTW whats with all the clamps on the exhaust?

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Thanks, it is a great Cobra at this price. Clamps are for the heat shielding to keep diff temps down. I would prefer to sell the Cobra out right, thanks for asking though.

Termi 03

Team Cobra
Established Member
i really like your set up. your 99 looks so clean and very nice mods. if i didnt just buy my 03 10th i would of been all over this. GLWS

Red99SVT

Established Member
I would love to have this. I dont mind traveling some, but you are about as far away as you could get in the US from me..lol.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Thats what sucks about these cars. Youre barely going to get back the money in mods. Its basically a ton of bad ass parts with a free chassis. Makes me sick thinking about ever selling mine because of this. GLWS

gmsux

Established Member
I would love to have this. I dont mind traveling some, but you are about as far away as you could get in the US from me..lol.

I would have no reservations driving this car across country. I'm not just saying this because it is for sale, I mean it. It is perfectly reliable and driveable. If you're interested I can provide all the details you would like and you can fly out/drive back. :beer:

gmsux

Established Member
Indeed. I have more into the parts than it is being sold for, probably 1.5X easily. Thanks for reminding me :eek:

Thats what sucks about these cars. Youre barely going to get back the money in mods. Its basically a ton of bad ass parts with a free chassis. Makes me sick thinking about ever selling mine because of this. GLWS

gmsux

Established Member
Thanks! It's an extraordinarily well built Cobra gathering dust in my garage waiting for the right person to recognize just that :)

As a side note, the car is quicker than street C5 Corvettes on HPDE and accelerates like a 2010 GT500. It's a pretty sweet setup.

Additionally, for those considering boost, this Cobra is a perfect platform for it. SCT PRP software for complete tuning control, new 03/04 Cobra Tank/pumps, Boss block, Manley I beam rods with 7/16" ARP 2000 bolts, JE forged pistons that are fully coated. 8lbs would double the HP.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I read those specs on your '99 over on corner-carvers.com...and it brought tears to my eyes. What a spectacularly maxed out and sorted NE Cobra road racer. Got just about every mod I'd ever want in my NE. I could just imagine how many tickets and points one could ring up driving that sucker back to NJ. Good luck with the sale!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread