Status
Not open for further replies.

///m3

Established Member
P1110761.JPG

2003 Mustang Cobra, Black with grey interior, 60,000 miles
Price: $18,500
2nd Owner, purchased in June 2003 with 11k miles

This car is setup to be the perfect daily driver and weekend track car. It is now an extremely reliable road course track car that you can drive on the street everyday. It still has a full interior which is in nearly showroom condition. The A/C still blows ice cold and is perfect while waiting on the grid for your session to begin.

Engine modifications:
Rebuilt (w/ receipts) in 2009 at 45,000 miles by Lamotta Performance in Longwood , FL:
.030 over CP Pistons
Champion headwork
ARP Head studs
Stiegemeier Stage IV ported blower, 2.87” pulley
Canton 9-qt road race oil pan
Spec Stage II clutch
Dyno: 470whp, 460ft-lbs

Cooling System:
Lightning Force Performance supercharger heat exchanger
Lightning Force Performance aluminum radiator
LDC Chicago head cooling mod
Complete Evans cooling system: waterless Evans coolant, Stewart water pump
Custom fender mounted 8” X 11” oil cooler ducted to foglamp with remote oil filter

Suspension:
Maximum Motorsports Sport w/ Hypercoil coilovers (400# front / 600# rear, installed 2/11)
Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates
IRS polyurethane bushings

Differential:
Eaton TrueTrac limited slip
Custom differential cooler with Mocal electric pump
Maximum Motorsports adjustable aluminum IRS diff mount

Gauges :
Autometer oil temperature, oil pressure, differential temperature, water temperature

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
14” Brembo 4-piston calipers
3” Brake cooling ducts
Carbotech 1521 street / XP-12 Race pads
18”x9”/18x10.5” TSW Nurburgring with 275/40/18F and 295/35/18 NT05 street tires

Other:
Gutted cats with Flowmaster axle-back exhaust
Wheel bearings replaced 2/2013
Transmission and differential fluid changed every season
Stainless brake lines

Full Disclosure:
The car was involved in an accident, as seen in the Carfax, when it was struck by a deer at Virginia International Raceway. The passenger side fender, door and quarter panel were replaced by a personal friend with 25 years of body shop experience. It was repaired correctly, with no shortcuts taken. The front bumper and hood were repainted at the same time to remove all rock chips. The exterior is easily a 9 out of 10.

Pictures:
https://goo.gl/photos/PL3oab1PexGCCYma8

Last edited:

bstang18

Established Member
Any under carriage shots?

In the photos, the front looks to have quite a few rock chips, is that so, or is it the photos/just dirt?

///m3

Established Member
Any under carriage shots?

In the photos, the front looks to have quite a few rock chips, is that so, or is it the photos/just dirt?

I'll have to get some as soon as it stops raining. Damn Florida weather.

There are a couple of rock chips, but not as bad as it looks in the picture. I'll take some more and post them.

bstang18

Established Member
I'll have to get some as soon as it stops raining. Damn Florida weather.

There are a couple of rock chips, but not as bad as it looks in the picture. I'll take some more and post them.

Believe me I know! Was just in Florida in Clearwater + hour out all around, rain ruined the whole week I was there! I would see the sun occasionally but there were 4 days straight with 0 sun. I didn't realize I havent seen clouds or the sun until it came out :bash:

Although thanks, PM me when you do so I know to check if you don't mind!

///m3

Established Member
It's difficult to take undercarriage pictures. I uploaded the ones that turned out decent enough to the google site. You can tell that I didn't try to degrease the underside in order to hide any leaks. What you see is what you get, I'm not trying to hide anything.

Last edited:

Secondo

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking why was the engine rebuilt so early in its life? Thank you.

///m3

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking why was the engine rebuilt so early in its life? Thank you.

Lost an oxygen sensor at Sebring and ran the cylinder bank lean. Melted the two rear pistons and lost a valve seat.

It was rebuilt by Lamotta Performance, a well known Mustang shop. Bored it .020 to clean up the cylinder walls and put in new pistons. Replaced all of the gaskets and bearings as well. The heads were gone through as well due to the valve seat.

It's been about 30k miles since the rebuild and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. The motor is solid.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I think you may have your front/rear spring rates swapped around.

what shocks/struts are on the car?

///m3

Established Member
I think you may have your front/rear spring rates swapped around.

what shocks/struts are on the car?

You're right. Thanks!

They're the custom valved Bilstein Sports from Mamimum Motorsports. Purchased January 2011.

Secondo

Established Member
Lost an oxygen sensor at Sebring and ran the cylinder bank lean. Melted the two rear pistons and lost a valve seat.

It was rebuilt by Lamotta Performance, a well known Mustang shop. Bored it .020 to clean up the cylinder walls and put in new pistons. Replaced all of the gaskets and bearings as well. The heads were gone through as well due to the valve seat.

It's been about 30k miles since the rebuild and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. The motor is solid.
Oh wow what a bummer that happened! Great job with the repairs though. Congratulations on the new GT350! I've heard nothing but great reviews on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread