FS: 88 Ford Festiva L - $1250

kbrier

Established Member
FOR SALE: $1250.00 (Send PM or email if interested)

1988 Ford Festiva L (white with red stripe) - 130xxx miles

PICTURES: https://picasaweb.google.com/110945073812507955114/88FordFestiva?authkey=Gv1sRgCOTtk--q17C89QE

Current PA Inspection through March 2013

1.3 liter 4 cylinder - 4 Speed Manual – Carbureted – No A/C

Notes: I picked this car up in the fall of 2010 to have a daily driver. The car runs very well and gets 35 miles per gallon. I now find myself with 4 cars and since this car needs the most attention due to rust and age its time to go. Someone that likes simple cars and has the knowledge, time, resources, and patience could fix this car up and have a decent daily driver.

Repairs in the last 18 months:
Replaced: battery, valve cover gasket, air filter, V belt, 4 tires, brake master cylinder, brake pads all around, left caliper, brake drums, rear wheel bearings, coolant hoses top and bottom; fixed parking break, welded few sections of the exhaust to pass inspection, flushed and filled radiator, several oil changes on 3 to 5K intervals, welded steel plates on underside of car to fix rust.

Other Notes:
- Rust and dents: Yes; there is body rust and dents: Fixed real bad rust on main body support rails with metal plates (see pictures)
- Engine oil consumption: Yes; about 1 qt every 1000 miles or so
- Oil leaks: Yes; few drips here and there
- Exhaust leaks: Yes; not loud
- Back tires have some wear but pass inspection
- Front tires good shape
- Heater works good but these cars are not known for having real good heat in colder temps
- Rear defrost: not working
- Interior is in decent shape, no cracks in dash, seats have some stains and small tears, carpet is so / so, windows roll up and down, doors all lock, has aftermarket stereo with four speakers but CD player not working.

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
These are such fun little cars, me and buddies had a few back in high school and beat the absolute sh*t out of them and they kept taking it.
Very good f/s ad by the way! It's nice to see someone put 10 minutes into one with good detail. Wish you were closer and it was a 5-speed and it would be mine

kbrier

Established Member
FS: 88 Festiva

Thanks for the note! As far as old school no BS transportation; its great!
(this counts as my bump for today too!)

Davis83

Established Member
Wow, you don't see those around much anymore, that one is in pretty good condition.

kbrier

Established Member

Good Friday BUMP for 88 Festiva! This car contains no meat for all of the observant Catholics out there!

Ps - Will put car on Craigslist next week if no interest from the MACA / SVT gang. Fine; let a creepy dude from Central PA off of Craigslist meet me at my residence to look at my car then come back later and rob me. I hope you are all happy knowing that this may happen ... LOL !!! ;-)

chefnasty

Established Member
Hey man tried to send you a PM, but not sure if it went thru or not? Server is being dumb and kept getting error messages. Please pm me back if mine didn't go thru, thanks

kbrier

Established Member

Hi: Having same issue with sending PM's. Send me email and we can go from there. kent.brier at gmail dot com.

Users who are viewing this thread