FS: 99 Ford Contour SVT with 3L

avoyce

99 Ford Contour SVT
5 Speed, Leather, Sunroof, Power driver Seat,
AC blows cold, Cruise Control, No Car deck
Duratec Engine V6 3L from a Ford Sable has 40K on it
Engine produces 240HP compared to the previous 2.5L V-6 195 HP
New Windshield, Battery and Fuel Pump
Said to be a collector car..Only 494 made in this color and this year. Its Fast and fun to drive.
Price set to offset some things a person might want to do.
Install new ground effects and car deck (pre wired for big amp)
More Pictures--Click Here
6500.00 OBO [email protected]
pass%20side.jpg

Stevarino8

Established Member
I'm sure its SRT-4 fast but how does it handle with the extra weight of that Taurus engine? Was anything done to compensate the extra weight up front? I see the battery is still under the hood verses putting it in the trunk to help balance things out. By the way good job with the pics.

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
I'm sure its SRT-4 fast but how does it handle with the extra weight of that Taurus engine? Was anything done to compensate the extra weight up front? I see the battery is still under the hood verses putting it in the trunk to help balance things out. By the way good job with the pics.

They basically weigh the same. The 2.5 and 3.0 Duratecs are the same blocks. However, I do believe the 3L are rated at 210, not 240. Still balls out fun to drive! Good luck with the sale!

Ubergeist

Established Member
They basically weigh the same. The 2.5 and 3.0 Duratecs are the same blocks. However, I do believe the 3L are rated at 210, not 240. Still balls out fun to drive! Good luck with the sale!

The duratec was rated at 200hp. But he has the hot heads and cam from the SVT contour..

HP sounds about right.

SHOgoFast

Established Member
Most 3L's dyno in the 190 - 210 range.

So, I would think 240 flywheel is reasonable. Being that his comparison was a flywheel figure of 195 for the stock 2.5L.

Users who are viewing this thread