FS: Alienware Aurora M9700 Laptop MINT!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
lol i can assure you because it has a 300$ OS on it that is not the reason they dont want it. XP sucks compared to vista. And if thats the case, then good luck trying to play direct x 10 games on xp. :thumbsup:

Eh, I would buy it regardless of the OS but right now XP is still a better OS but soon enough Vista will prevail because Microsoft is going to make it more compatible with everything and perform overall better. Alienwares are unbelievable I have an old one and it is great.

mnewxcv

Established Member
oh boy. an OS battle. Never seen this before...

$1200 is a steal someone should get this. I much prefer vista by the way!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Eh, I would buy it regardless of the OS but right now XP is still a better OS but soon enough Vista will prevail because Microsoft is going to make it more compatible with everything and perform overall better. Alienwares are unbelievable I have an old one and it is great.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vista is scheduled to go the way of ME .. of to the redheaded step child bin. Windows 7 is where microsoft is putting their development dollars. You will see minimal attention paid to vista.

Businesses are not upgrading because the cost/benefit analysis is on the wrong side of the equation

mnewxcv

Established Member

Vista is scheduled to go the way of ME .. of to the redheaded step child bin. Windows 7 is where microsoft is putting their development dollars. You will see minimal attention paid to vista.

Businesses are not upgrading because the cost/benefit analysis is on the wrong side of the equation

true, but there are really minimal compatibility issues when used as a personal computer, gaming rig, office setup, or the like.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

if you think this way then you FAIL. The gaming industry is a bigger market than businesses will ever be. about 1/6th of the worlds population plays video games. Thats 1 BILLION people. So i would think the gaming industry will stimulate windows vista enough for microsoft to not care what the business industry cares about.

Anyway, bump for the day!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if you think this way then you FAIL. The gaming industry is a bigger market than businesses will ever be. about 1/6th of the worlds population plays video games. Thats 1 BILLION people. So i would think the gaming industry will stimulate windows vista enough for microsoft to not care what the business industry cares about.

Anyway, bump for the day!

so you think I fail.. prove me wrong. what experience do you have in the IT market? what credentials other than being a gamer do you bring to the table? if you really think that Microsoft makes decisions about there OS based on gamers you have another think coming. yeah 1 billion may play games but that number pales in comparison to the number of people that use it in business ... come back and post again when you have valid information.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
true, but there are really minimal compatibility issues when used as a personal computer, gaming rig, office setup, or the like.

minimal is in the eye of the beholder. I have one machine with vista on it but several of my programs won't work on it. Not much of a problem for me since I have several laptops out here anyway but in one case I had to buy some new hardware because the vendor was NOT going to write Vista Drivers and the xp drivers wouldn't work.

for the average user you are right. But a LOT of Microsoft's major customers are saying the benefits of upgrading just aren't enough to justify the cost that they are being charged for the upgrades.

I have the same Alienware you have but more tricked out it is a very nice machine for sure

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
minimal is in the eye of the beholder. I have one machine with vista on it but several of my programs won't work on it. Not much of a problem for me since I have several laptops out here anyway but in one case I had to buy some new hardware because the vendor was NOT going to write Vista Drivers and the xp drivers wouldn't work.

for the average user you are right. But a LOT of Microsoft's major customers are saying the benefits of upgrading just aren't enough to justify the cost that they are being charged for the upgrades.

I have the same Alienware you have but more tricked out it is a very nice machine for sure

lol define more tricked out? There isnt much else you can do to these laptops that dont cost under 500$

Users who are viewing this thread