FS Canadian 1986 SVO survivor with 16,000 km's.

49NorthVert

Established Member
This is a Canadian 86 SVO, #5 of the 58 that were built for the Canadian market ( I have all the 86 Canadian VIN's in build order), Ford JOB 1 was September 23rd,1985. It is 1D Dk Grey Met with cloth int, pd, pw sunroof, A/C,(which is cold!). The odometer is correct in kms at 16,000 or 9,600 miles and can be verified. I purchased the car July 1990 and am the second owner, the first was a housewife from a small town here in BC. She ordered the car from AM Ford Sales in Trail and took delivery October 31st, 1985. The car is completely stock except for the tires (Conti Extreme DW's this summer and the battery). I have all parts receipts for the N.O.S. items I changed back in 90 plus dealer documents of sale and judge sheets from the MCA events I attended back in the early 90's between Vancouver & Seattle. This SVO has not been driven in the rain in the past 23 years, always covered in a heated garage. I had the underside detailed in 94 by a Mustang restoration shop in the lower mainland so all the bare metal appears it's natural steel grey, care was taken to replace all factory paint splash markings. The before & after pictures are amazing, it is not likely that many other SVO's have had a similar restoration, this one was $8G's. I can send photo's if interested on request. I am really more the custodian of this unique turbo Mustang driving about 250 miles a season and it is time someone else enjoyed & cared of it. Back in the day 91-94 I was the SVO Owners Association Chapter director for British Columbia. I have some very rare and exclusive Ford documents, templates and literature along with several misc NOS Ford SVO specific parts that I will look to sell once the car finds a new home.
I would like to get $15,000 CDN for what argueably is one of the cleaner survivor 86 SVO's around.:beer:

Last edited:

Saleen880549

I would like to kinda back this post and say if you are looking for a super clean SVO then do check this one out.

I have known this person posting for 20+ years due to us both owning Saleen's and this one one fine fox SVO.

The seller has owned various concours Mustangs over the years.

Brian

Last edited:

49NorthVert

Established Member
Ok, 3 months and nada time to get motivated here on my price. My survivor 9,000 mile 86 SVO is now reduced to $11,500.00. I sure would like this car to go to a good home! I put Conti Extreme DW's on last summer and I have pics I just can't figure out how to put them on the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread