FS: Custom PTC 4R70W Converter

SVT GI

Established Member
Bought the converter from a friend who is a member here and was unable to use it because my bigger input shaft on my 4r. This converter was in Fast Mark's car. Bone stock 03 Cobra motor, single 88mm running 8.90's with this converter. Has about a half of season on it, in perfect shape. It stalled his combo to ~4K on the tranny brake.

10" PTC custom built, furnace brazed, ported stator, 31 spline, non-lockup. Mark picked up 2 mph over the tightest converter combo he tried.

It was in a Lentech Street/Stip Terminator 4R70W which uses a 31 spline one piece input shaft for non-lockup. It will fit any 4R70W set up to run non-lock up.

IT WILL NOT FIT A LENTECH STRIP TERMINATOR 4R70W. This is the reason I could not use it, the Strip Terminator is fitted with a bigger 35 spline AOD style input shaft.

New this was a $1600 converter! You can call PTC and give them order# 40375 and they will confirm the specs for you.

$700+ shipping

95mustang_gt

Established Member
if im reading this right, its a 4000 stall and non lockup?did your friend daily drive his car with this converter?will it be okay for street duty?

SVT GI

Established Member
Yes, and he didn't dd his car but could have. The converter I put in my TT was a 4K stall and had no issues DD'ing the car. Your setup and power range will effect how it operates on the street as well.

Users who are viewing this thread