FS/FT: Built 2000 Ford Lightning

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
FS/FT: Built 2000 Ford Lightning in VA

2000 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning. This truck is beautiful and far from stock. Excellent condition both inside and outside, currently has 83k original miles. Garage kept, does not see rain. Details of the build below:

Engine Built at 77k Miles

Manley .20 Over Forged Pistons
Manley Rods
Stock Crank
Stage 2 Ported JLP Heads
Stage 2 JLP Cams
Ported '01+ Lower Intake
Magnum Powers Supercharger
2.93" Upper Pulley
8lb Lower Pulley
60lb Injectors
SCT MAF
Kooks Longtube Headers
JDM Catted Midpipe
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Twin 255 Fuel Pumps
'97 F150 Fuel Rails
JDM Electric Fan Kit
New Remanufactured Ford Transmission Installed at 77k Miles
A1 Street/Strip Valve Body
JLP Traction Bars

Front Tires: Nitto 555 (295/45/R18)
Rear Tires: Nitto 555R Drag Radials (305/45/R18)

Current set up makes 522 WHP/580 WTQ. Tuned by Excessive Motorsport in 2015

Would consider trades for 03/04 Cobras. Asking $15900 for straight sale.

Dyno Video: http://tinypic.com/r/28jbm15/9

Last edited:

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ruskin.jpg

IMG_20160317_105809864_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Krn737

Proud To Serve
Established Member
Do you have more pictures of the back of the truck, all wheels, more interior(carpet/seat condition), etc? Why are you selling it? How much tread is left on the tires? Where are you located? Do you have the original set of wheels? What exactly does (remanufactured transmission" entail? Is it beefed up any more? How about turning off overdrive during WOT? Can the engine handle it? I know that's normally a no with these trucks stock? Are the stripes painted or vinyl? Can you message me the VIN? Thanks

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Do you have more pictures of the back of the truck, all wheels, more interior(carpet/seat condition), etc? Why are you selling it? How much tread is left on the tires? Where are you located? Do you have the original set of wheels? What exactly does (remanufactured transmission" entail? Is it beefed up any more? How about turning off overdrive during WOT? Can the engine handle it? I know that's normally a no with these trucks stock? Are the stripes painted or vinyl? Can you message me the VIN? Thanks

Going to try to answer all these questions below:

1. I don't have more pictures, but I could take some if you have a specific request. Seats are in exceptional shape due to the previous owner using seat covers. Bolster has very minimal wear. Best condition original seats I've seen in a Lightning.

2. Selling it because there is no back seat and I want to bring my son to cruise-ins.

3. Tires were put on maybe 2k miles ago. No track time. Just street driving on them.

4. Northern VA.

5. Those are the original wheels. They are plastidipped.

6. As far as I know, its just a trans fully rebuilt to a certain standard. I don't believe it is "beefed up."

7. I have no idea about turning OD off during WOT. I baby the truck and rarely get into it at WOT.

8. The hood stripe is painted gloss black, as are the upper and lower grills.

9. VIN is 2FTZF0739YCA56349.

Last edited:

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Did you have the motor built, or did you buy it that way? Do you have the receipts of everything done?

I bought it built, but have a folder full of receipts from JDM and JLP. I'm not sure if there is a receipt for everything in there, I have never gone through it in depth. Apparently the motor was built by JDM, but then at some point shortly after the owner had the heads and cams changed to JLP. I had the truck put on a dyno when I bought it to check that the tune was safe, and luckily I did, because we identified a fuel issue (bad pump and funky plumbing). I replaced both pumps and had them replumbed and the truck tuned. That is the 520whp/580wtq dyno sheet I posted.

I've driven it maybe 1000 miles since then

sonic_whine2003

Car Crazy
Established Member
Buyer has gone completely radio silent. Truck is back on the market for those of you that have PMed me about it.

Just wanted to let everyone know that when I give my word on being somewhere I do exactly what I say....I saw the truck Sunday 4/3/16 at 11am just like I arranged with Bryan......CompOrangeStang(Bryan) did not receive an email back after arranging our meet this past Sunday, because I wasn't online and did not expect a email again so never checked......Anyways i passed on the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread