FS: Kooks Longtube headers for an 03 cobra

jonas

Established Member
FS: Kooks Longtube headers for an 03 cobra

Less than 2000 mils on em. I am in serious legal trouble and need my car refereed (completely stock) and if caught a second time I will loose my car forever. (**** CALI).

JDM Kooks Longtubes with mattching catted h-pipe and 2 new extra cats as spares. these are 03 specific and arguably the best Headers you can buy for the 03 cobra.

Please make me an offer and no trades please. I have everything I need for the swap.

Pictures next week when I remove the headers

jonas

Established Member
i have to take my car to a smog ref. got nailed by a punk cop for illegal smog mods. The next time I get caught, I loose my car. Cali laws suck a fat schlong

shagn03

Established Member
Is it illegal even though you have cats?? Sorry, I dont know anything about Cali laws. :??:

jonas

Established Member
headers are illegal in california unless they have a carb e-o number. No longtube headers can get that. Utter bs in my opinion

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
they take your car? wow that is Fd up. i can see a rejection sticker for inspection so you can't drive it, but take your car over some tree hugger s**t that is just wrong. time to call the Terminator to get your Terminator back when that happens. ahnuld.

OATS

Established Member
That's not just California. It is against Federal Law to install most of the aftermarket parts that a lot of T3 owners are installing. If it doesn't have an Executive Order number from C.A.R.B. you can get nailed for it if the law finds out and they are interested in pursuing it.

I can personally attest to this. I have a pending court appearance for this very thing. I am being prosecuted by the State for unlawful vehicle modifications. It is a Class A Misdemeanor in Alaska and most other states that have inspection programs. I am facing a hefty fine and only stayed out of jail because it was my first offense. I had to totally de-mod my car after they returned it from impounding. If you are making a decision between putting on a catted or O/R midpipe be advised it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law if the cats you are installing don't have an E.O. you might as well not have cats. Technically you can't install or alter anything between the stock MAF location and the outlet location of the stock midpipe unless it has an E.O. My advice about this is if you have mods just be careful who knows about them. Don't have your oil changed at a shop. If a shop is doing work for you make sure you know they will not report you for mods. Jonas, I feel your pain on this. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I can tell you what I know as I am almost through this.

Users who are viewing this thread