FS: L&M Cams and Ford GT Cams

diamond heart

Established Member
what is the perfect on

I haired someone told me that the ford gt cams will made amazing hp/tq on the shelby.

also need to know does this cams work on mercury marauder. especially ford gt cams

Nick13

GTSLOW
Established Member
Ford GT cams should gain a gt500 about 50hp. They aren't a very aggressive sounding cam. Im not sure weather they would work on a marauder. I would imagine so since they're a Ford 4v modular cam, however I cant make that guarantee.

Cdd408, that's great man. If you wanna buy those, go ahead. These cams arent damaged in any way and dont appear warn. I was trying to be an honest person by including milage. I also believe that I'm asking a fair price.

As far as the L&M cams, the pistons that were setup to run these came with notches. I would imagine with the high lift, yes.

I have a video of the FGT cams running somewhere. I'm not sure about the L&M ones.
L&M Cams
FB_IMG_1428765979301.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428765986485.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428765986485.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 599
  • FB_IMG_1428765983258.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428765983258.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:

Nick13

GTSLOW
Established Member
Bump. I need these gone.

Dropping L&M cams to 1200.
FGT cams to 700.

I'm open to offers.

Last edited:

BMT40

Established Member
The GT cams would give an 11 approx. 50rwhp? How many shop hours do you think the install would be or how hard is a cam swap in these cars?

Nick13

GTSLOW
Established Member
It all depends on how its done. I have personally pulled the head off one of these cars leaving the motor in the bay. It took me 4 to 6 hours, but I was looking for other issues along the way.

Im not sure what a shop would charge. They may prefer to pull the motor as its much easier to work on outside the car.

I had a friend who planned on doing their cam swap to a different nsr cam without removing the head. They were going to pull the valve cover, use a chain wedge to hold the chain in place while they swapped everything. I'm not sure how he ever made out with it.

The cams are no springs required. In essence you would open the motor, remove the old cams, install the GT cams. Set timing / degree. Close motor and tune.

Edit: Yes, it should net you around 25 - 50 hp with tuning. It is a larger cam than our stock cams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread