FS: MM IRS Subframe Bushing Removal Tool

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
Sold: MM IRS Subframe Bushing Removal Tool

Tool Has been sold to Juice33

----

I used this IRS Subframe Bushing Removal Tool when I replaced the subframe bushings on my '03 Cobra. Took me about 10 minutes to remove each bushing once I had the subframe dropped. I couldn't even imagine doing it any other way (cutting, drilling, burning - forget it). This is basically a puller. You drill 6 holes in the bushing near the edge, and extract it from the sleeve. Voila!

The tool is like new, and I would like to pass it on to another Cobra owner for $10 + Shipping (shipping from 97006, weighs probably 2 lbs). New price from MM is $20, when puchased with new bushings.

See: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/IRSbushingremoval.asp

Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I will snap that up! my zip code is 06360.

Pm me with price and after shipping and I will send you the money.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Juice33 said:
I will snap that up! my zip code is 06360.

Pm me with price and after shipping and I will send you the money.

LJ:

Be careful removing the O.E.M. upper control arm bushings with the MM tool. I have heard reports that the end of the inner sleeve can get crushed and cause the Delrin to be squeezed too small.

I think the problem is the MM set removes the inner sleeve in the UCA's and my set leaves them in on the uppers only.

Hope that helps?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
:shrug: This particular tool is for the subframe bushings, not the LCA or UCA bushings. It didn't even cause a scuff on the subframe when I used it...

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
LJ:

Be careful removing the O.E.M. upper control arm bushings with the MM tool. I have heard reports that the end of the inner sleeve can get crushed and cause the Delrin to be squeezed too small.

I think the problem is the MM set removes the inner sleeve in the UCA's and my set leaves them in on the uppers only.

Hope that helps?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Bruce thanks for the heads up!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
redfiredroptop said:
:shrug: This particular tool is for the subframe bushings, not the LCA or UCA bushings. It didn't even cause a scuff on the subframe when I used it...

Oh, sorry, my bad.

I just had someone run into this and wanted to give a heads up to be extra careful and aware of that situation!

Nevermind! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread