FS: Motive 4.10's, Motive Install Kit, and T-Lok Rebuild Kit

HoustonGT

Established Member
I got rid of my 01 Cobra and never got around to installing the parts, so just trying to get rid of them to have some mod money for the new car.

They are all BRAND NEW and the price in parenthesis reflects how much they cost brand new, including shipping in most cases.
I don't plan on being one of those individuals that asks the same amount for this stuff as you would pay from AmericanMuscle, Steeda, etc. so i've priced most of it to move.
Part numbers are included for easy reference...

Motive Performance 4.10 Gears for 8.8"
#F888410 ($189)

Motive Performance Bearing & Seal Install Kit
#R8.8RMK ($74.99)

Ford Racing T-Lok Rebuild Kit
#M-4700-B ($109.99)

Price is OBO, but please be reasonable this is $375 worth of brand new parts!

This is a perfect set for any 8.8" foxbody, gt, mach1, cobra, etc looking to upgrade the gears as it includes just about everything you need!

Will let everything go for $315 shipped or best offer...that's more than 15% off on BRAND NEW parts.

PM me for more info or with an offer.

Thanks,
Mike

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
$275 shipped on the lot of stuff? PM me with the response, and I can get you my address if that amount works for you. I wouldn't want this shipped until next Monday though.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I dont want to low ball you but if you give me a decent shipped price for the T-lok kit and the Motive bearing & seal kit, ill take them tomorrow!
Dont really need the gears iam thinking about doing the Motive 3:90s?

HoustonGT

Established Member
I dont want to low ball you but if you give me a decent shipped price for the T-lok kit and the Motive bearing & seal kit, ill take them tomorrow!
Dont really need the gears iam thinking about doing the Motive 3:90s?

Wanting to sell all of it together unless someone else wants just the 4.10's

Stage 4.6

Established Member
ok no problem! let me know i plan on purchasing some tomorrow its all iam missing for my rear end rebuilt. I rather stick to the Ford racing bearing kit cause iam not too familiar with the motives brand, but i here of several people using them? specifically the 3;90 gears

HoustonGT

Established Member
ok no problem! let me know i plan on purchasing some tomorrow its all iam missing for my rear end rebuilt. I rather stick to the Ford racing bearing kit cause iam not too familiar with the motives brand, but i here of several people using them? specifically the 3;90 gears

When it comes to gears, in my experience (had 3 Mustangs with gear installs) it all comes down to how well the install is performed and if you follow the proper break-in procedure (heat cycle). Motive and FRPP are the only 2 sets i'd consider buying for my vehicle.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Thanks for the advice! Same here! (have had 4 different installed) Ive used FRPP, Eaton and Richmond gears. 3;73s (2x) and 4;10s (2x) The 4:10s w/trak-lok had installed by a shop that swore they new Mustangs and end up ruining my gears, Did the Richmond 4;10s w/Eaton posi. Awesome setup but gears wind a little, was told its cause of the type of metal? have had them for 9 years on my wifes GT launching w/100 shot of nitrous never let me down.
Ive had the 3:73s & 4:10s w/FRP Trac-lok and they just work great! no noise just like stock. I broke the stock trak-lok on my Roush so thats why iam doing the upgrade! Ive herd good things about the Motive 3:90s so ive been considering trying them on my Roush?
thanks again for your input, GLWS

Last edited:

Pieces

I do see that you want to sell as a package, but I'd be interested if you'd sell the trac-loc+install kit separately. Have money waiting to go if you do. (Already bought gears elsewhere).

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
Thanks for the advice! Same here! (have had 4 different installed) Ive used FRPP, Eaton and Richmond gears. 3;73s (2x) and 4;10s (2x) The 4:10s w/trak-lok had installed by a shop that swore they new Mustangs and end up ruining my gears, Did the Richmond 4;10s w/Eaton posi. Awesome setup but gears wind a little, was told its cause of the type of metal? have had them for 9 years on my wifes GT launching w/100 shot of nitrous never let me down.
Ive had the 3:73s & 4:10s w/FRP Trac-lok and they just work great! no noise just like stock. I broke the stock trak-lok on my Roush so thats why iam doing the upgrade! Ive herd good things about the Motive 3:90s so ive been considering trying them on my Roush?
thanks again for your input, GLWS

Any reason why you've decided to go with 3.90's this time instead of going with 4.10's again? I had 3.73's once and the next time around went with 4.10's and never looked back, but i could see the 3.90's being a decent alternative.

Pieces - Like i mentioned; if I could find someone to buy the gears, I'd be willing to sell the other 2 separately.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Dont get me wrong? i love the 4:10s, especially on my wifes N/A GT but my Roush is S/C and 1st gear feels really short under hard accelaration. Even though w/the TR3650 my Roush cruises at a lower speed on the highway then my wifes GT w/T45.
I do like the fact that it seems to get the car into boost quickly but at the track iam not getting the MPH that i believe i should be? My highest trap speed has been 118-119mph. I was wondering if it could be due to my gears? but after discussing it with several people it could be the way i shift at the track ive been short shifting my car due to it going lean at high rpm cause my fuel system doesnt support my setup so its slightly detuned. It really makes power at the Higher rpm 5-6500.
What do you think? Should i stay with the 4;10s? i actually have a set of FRPP 4:10s

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
With a blown car i'd stick to 3.73's or 3.90's just because i would think traction might be an issue with 4.10's and that much power...

Users who are viewing this thread