FS/WTT: 03 Cobra Needs Paint/Light Body Work

Black03WPB

Established Member
I have a Cobra that was involved in a minor wreck but unfortunately due to circumstances it is not covered by insurance. The car is mechanically sound and rounds fantastic. It will need to be painted and have a new rear bumper/rear bumper support installed. I have a new front bumper and front driver fender installed, they just need paint.

The car comes with -

18 inch Y2K Cobra R Wheels
Mac 2.5 inch Catback
VRS Catted X pipe
2.8 UPR pulley
Diablo Tune/Chip
Densecharger CAI
UPR Short Shifter

List of issues -

Needs to be painted
Needs new rear bumper, rear bumper support, 3rd brake light.
Has 3/8th inch frame damage in the front right. I'm told this would be nothing tough to fix, at all. I am considering just getting this part fixed and selling it for a tiny bit more, to be honest, because I know this will scare some people away. The story is I hit a parking block on the road ( i swerved to avoid it ) and when I did that I was rear ended and hit another car. The guy who was responsible for this I chased in my car, as he tried to run, and he got away by running a red light. Instead of getting a police report, I narrowly avoided a fleeing the scene citation and almost got in trouble for admitting I was speeding to catch the other guy.

I just put on brand new 275 3518s in the front and 285 35 18s in the rear about 1000 miles ago.

Car has 72,000 miles. Title is clean and clear, and in hand. I was quoted about $3600 to get the car looking like new, but judging by prices I would only be making about $1000 on top of my investment versus selling the car outright, and Im really wanting to just save some money and pick up a 96-98 Cobra for fun. Like I said, it runs and drives very well, and it still has an absolute ton of pickup. Oil changed every 3000 using Mobil 1 synthetic, had regular maintenance done as scheduled. I am now just changing the front brake pads for good measure as well.

PM me, or email me @ [email protected] if interested.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/134/cimg0059.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5440/cimg0058.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4240/cimg0060.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8741/cimg0061.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2483/cimg0062.jpg

Interested in built 96-99 Cobras, built 99-01 GTs. Must be supercharged. Would love to get another 400+ rwhp daily driver if possible.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Damn i have a kenne bell 98 i would trade you. But it needs little body work too. >.<

I remember your car. I want a car that is fully built, and your car does have that damage as well. Unfortunately, with the values, the 96-98 cobra would have to be in great shape with a built motor and blower. Its either sell this car and buy a cobra worth $13,000 give or take a grand, or just straight up trade. A lot of people seem to want 03 cobras when selling cars like that so I figured why not

Black03WPB

Established Member
By the way this car put down 450 rwhp and 468 rwtq, running 11.9 @ 120 mph. This however was with a magnaflow catback, instead of the mac

Black03WPB

Established Member
A simple paint job and it would look amazing. I really wouldn't mind doing it but now Im flat ass broke. Ive been cut down to part time and any money that comes in goes right towards cost of living

ZeroSVT

Established Member
I remember your car. I want a car that is fully built, and your car does have that damage as well. Unfortunately, with the values, the 96-98 cobra would have to be in great shape with a built motor and blower. Its either sell this car and buy a cobra worth $13,000 give or take a grand, or just straight up trade. A lot of people seem to want 03 cobras when selling cars like that so I figured why not

Lol i was just wishing, i knew that you wouldn't trade :lol:

Black03WPB

Established Member
How long has the front bumper been on the car unpainted and out in the weather?

Id say about 4 months. It doesnt have primer on it or anything, still looks the same as when I put it on.

Homie, yes the title is clean, and uuortunately I am only interested in 96 and above cobras. Thank you.

Black03WPB

Established Member
Okay if you have a 96-98 Cobra with low miles, bolt ons and a blower and a small amount of cash, I think we can make this work.

I have a good offer for a 99 Cobra + cash, and a good offer right now possibly for a 98 Cobra + cash.

If both of those fall through I will be back

Users who are viewing this thread