FSVT v CSVT

svo_dave

Established Member
Yah a contour svt will beat a mustang gt, that's the funniest thing I ever heard, only if the guy in the mustang doesn't know how to drive or if the gt is before 85

Last edited:

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by svo_dave
Yah a contour svt will beat a mustang gt, that's the funniest thing I ever heard, only if the guy in the mustang doesn't know how to drive or if the gt is before 85
Not necessarily. I watched my wife beat a guy in a 99 GT. In MY car. I chalk it up to that guy having absolutely no skill at all. But the fact is, she won.

-R-

svo_dave

Established Member
Yah, driver is the key, I beat alot of cars that I really shouldn't be able to. By the way, I have seen a stock 2001 GT run a 13.9, and I don't think a 99 is much different. If I am correct also a stock svt contour runs low 15's, that guy must have been a really sh*tty driver.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
well if its an AOD car its all equal ;-)

5spd SHOULD beat the CSVT.

svo_dave

Established Member
5 speed shoul beet the csvt, cmon, you know better than that, that is what ran a 13.9. as for an AOD, they should run in the 14's I would imagine, but I could never picture anybody buying a automatic stang. I think it should still beat a csvt in the quarter, as I have said before I thought a stock csvt would run low 15's in the quarter. Am I wrong, are csvt faster than that. I mean, since I have raced many and none have been close I figured they wouldn't dip into the 14's stock, if you could prove me wrong I would love it, as I am thinking of buying one as a daily driver.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'm talking fox bodied ones obviously 87-93ish. with good driver 5spd should walk all over the CSVT. AODs. I would imagine the CSVT would have or be at the rear door.

Remember too as I'm sure you do there are a wide variety of mustangs. I saw a LX Covertible 5.0 running mid to high 16s!! I was shocked! But then again the guy only paid like $200 for it.

And to answer your question no we aren't much faster than low-mid 15s.

Dustyn

Established Member
I have researched this in the field and much as I would hate to admit it my buddys 01gt walked me by four car links. Now as for moving that is another story. You catch a csvt at an 80 roll yes an 80 roll take third the mustang won't pull in fact I have pulled a few. Throw bottom end out of the equation and offset the mustangs torque and you will be beside them the whole time. I have ran a 96 4.6 5 speed an ended beating him then second time he took me by a car link. There is a difference between the 99 and 01 gt's . I think in 2000 they upped them 10hp to 260 at the crank.

svo_dave

Established Member
I forgot we were talking about fox bodies, but I have seen numerous 5 speeds run in the mid-upper 14's stock, and my buddies 140,000 AOD with only a chip ran a 14.9. Its is true though there are some slow stangs out there, as I can beat some in my focus. As for 96-98 4.6's, I have yet to race one that could hang with my focus. Probably that driver thing again.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
then try a SHO at 80 ;-)

As for the 99-03 GTs all are rated at 260. But from what I've heard there actually is a hp difference.

Originally posted by Dustyn
You catch a csvt at an 80 roll yes an 80 roll take third the mustang won't pull in fact I have pulled a few. Throw bottom end out of the equation and offset the mustangs torque and you will be beside them the whole time.

svo_dave

Established Member
Just to let you know, there hasn't been a sho yet that could hang with my slow ass svt focus, one guy I know's sho ran a 14.9, and when I let him drive my car, he said if this car goes any faster it's going to take off, I thought that was pretty funny, by the way, I smoked that SHO too.

MUSTANGKL

Established Member
I have owned a 92 5.0, a 98 1/2 Svt Contour, and still have my 96 Cobra that has some mods. The Contour will go 140+ and at highway speeds it has surprised a few 5.0's, stock of course. When doing over a 100 your aerodynamics plays a big role in how hard your motor has to work to over come the wind resistance and we all know that mustangs are not very aerodynamic and take a lot of horsepower to overcome that resistance. The contour like most euro designs doesn't have the aero problems that mustangs have. The Contour was designed for the autobahn, and the mustang was made for the 1/4 mile so in a 1/4 with two good drivers the mustang wins, on the highway over 100 the contour will win and that’s against a stock 5.0's of course. Just take an old 5.0 up to 140 mph you will not want to keep going that speed for long periods of time, but in the SVT Contour its a whole different story it can drive at those speeds all day and be comfortable at it too. Thats the difference between Euro and American designs, we do 1/4 miles and they do the highway thing.

svo_dave

Established Member
That's true, as some mustang's that smoke me in the quarter can't get the top end I do, of course with 4:10's you'd have to expect that.

Users who are viewing this thread