FSVT v CSVT

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by svo_dave
First, I was always one to say the focus would top out at 140, I heard of people saying there stock svtf's would do 150 plus, and I said no way till I saw pics. Then I realized me ike a bunch of other people had broken intake cables, loss of torque at low rpm, why the car woudn't pull any further in sixth, no that I fixed intake, car will definetly do over 140, not sure what contour will do. Also I have raced to contour svt's, both haven't touched me.
I'm not buying the 140-150mph on the FSVT. The RS Focus which is turbocharged with 212 hp tops out at 144mph. I don't see 170hp getting you there. But hey, what do I know, anything is possible.

-R-

svo_dave

Established Member
With the broken intake, I have personally seen 140, now that it's fixed, I defintely should see a couple more. I didn't believe it either, unti I saw pics, unless people just put their car on jackstands and run it to that speed. I imagine aerodynamics have alot to do with it, but not sure how well the car is designed in that respect.

TurboSVTFocus

Established Member
I got a SVT-F, and I could only muster 137mph out of the Top End in 6th Gear.. Bone Stock..

In the same trim, I raced a 99 SVT-C, with Borla Duals, Hi-Flow Cats, Chip, Intake, Plugs/Wires.. He f*&cking WORKED me.. At least 3 Cars by 3rd gear.. If not more..

And it wasnt the Driving.. His car just simply dipped out..

Then he was like "It did better than I thought" - I was like "Well how much you got done" - He went on to say, "No, Your FOCUS!" :-D

JP

cmezip

Established Member
Originally posted by Blurry
Having owned a 98 Contour SVT, and loved it....I don't think it can hold its own agains my 02 Focus SVT...I agree the FSVT is a much funner car to drive..

I have owned a 98 EO SVT Contour and I think it would totally come down to the driver . I miss the exhaust note and the torque'e V6. I have yet to get to run one, hell I only see them once every 3 or 4 months.

Green SVT

Established Member
I've seen pictures on CEG of guys burying the speedo at 160mph. I can guarantee you right now that its not possible. Not stock anyway.It takes quite a bit of power to get up to those speeds. I'll believe it when I personally see it done with a radar gun. Not a minute before.

-R-

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I phoned SVT on terminal speed for the FSVT, and I was told 135 mph regardless of hp. So, maybe it is geared for 135. All I know is that whomever I spoke to was firm on this number. I wish it weren't so, but that's what SVT said.

rpwsrw

Established Member
I got a SVT-F, and I could only muster 137mph out of the Top End in 6th Gear.. Bone Stock

just so you know the speedometer is adjusted to show that you going about 2 mph quicker than you are really going. you can test this by doing the digital odo check.

later,
robb

if anyone has proof of anything over 135 please prove us wrong. i would love to see proof. get a nutcase friend to ride with you going that fast and take a pic.

Last edited:

Green SVT

Established Member
Guyz, believe me. Driving up to top speed and taking a pic is not accurate. Like I said, people in SVT Contours have taken pics of doing 160 mph. Thats about 17 mph off. Speedo error is worse at that speed. 135 mph sounds pretty accurate.

-R-

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
Use a GPS and that should clear things up.
Sometimes I wonder about those. I know a guy with a 4-cylinder
contour who has GPS. Said it showed him going 140mph:shrug: Maybe its true. Who knows?

-R-

Dustyn

Established Member
I know of a certain contour Svt that did close to 170ish in MI. Its far from stock and oh yeah he was being tracked by 6 GPS sats. Myself I have shown to do 130 with two other people in the car. Ran out of road to go any faster.:bash:

Last edited:

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
I want a CSVT so bad, ever since my friend raced me in his 2000. I ran him in my 02 Sebring, and he was at my door till about 40 where he pulled even. ONce we hit 70, he started to pull ahead, and kept going. Impressive car!:thumbsup:

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Dustyn
I know of a certain contour Svt that did close to 170ish in MI. Its far from stock and oh yeah he was being tracked by 6 GPS sats. Myself I have shown to do 130 with two other people in the car. Ran out of road to go any faster.:bash:
I think WorldTour is in MI and has done 170mph+. But then his car is also making stupendous power.

-R-

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
I think WorldTour is in MI and has done 170mph+. But then his car is also making stupendous power.

-R-
Thats the guy I am talking about.:rolling:

cmezip

Established Member
My EO went 145+ (never did the plus but it did get upto 145 no problem) Anyone in STL, MO will know of the long straight strech on 255 over the JB bridge. My bro was in the car the other day kinda up hillish and the best my SVTF would do is 133... forget about using sixth for much aside from overdrive.
steven's.jpg

svo_dave

Established Member
so I was wrong, even with intake fixed, car still barely pulls in sixth. I could only get just over 140, maybe 140.5, and my car is alot quicker that stock svtf. Anyones that says there's does 150 stock is straight up bullsh**ing.

Last edited:

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Originally posted by beecha91
HAHA His car is completely stock, and is his first stick car. So i think im a better driver. He's always askin me cheap things to do to his car, im like you can cut off the resonator?? he's "like what will that do??" im like "uhh make it louder", he's like "its loud enuff" hahaha and one day he was talkin about some mustang he smoked, i laughed... im like "Race MINE!" :lol1: :p

Don-

A good driver in the CSVT should have no problem smoking stock v6 stangers. Hell...even stock 5.0 mustangs.

I was at a light once in my CSVT.. On my left was a Firebird Firehawk, and on my right was a early 90s 5.0 GT with an obvious exhaust mod. Not sure what else. I knew I had no chance against the Firehawk. At take off...the Mustang had like 1/4 car length on me...but once I went into second, I pulled and kept a good steady car length on him. When we got to the next light, he asked if I had a turbo or something...

--Matt

Users who are viewing this thread