• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Ft. Worth Officer Charged with Murder

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by rborden, Oct 16, 2019.

1. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

rborden likes this.
  2. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

Even if he did say “Police, put your hands up!” he should not be justified in the least for shooting her. To take it even further, I think she still would be justified if she got a round off and hit him in the dome piece. It is not like criminals are somehow unable to say the same thing.

me32 likes this.
  3. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

4. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

Just playing the what if game here; was the neighborhood predominantly black or higher crime rate area? If it is either or, I can almost guarantee that the the tactics used are different. It’s no secret that if something like this was reported in a more affluent area going to the door and announcing that you’re the police would have been the first step, even if it was a suspected burglary. Unfortunately, a lot of majority black areas are in the lower scales of socio-economic status and therefore crime is policed much more heavily. And when I say heavily I mean the approach to a situation by police is highly different.

I’ll try and make this short. While driving back from an area near the border of Mexico with an enclosed trailer (5x8) Border Patrol pulled over my mother-in-law (Hispanic) for no reason other than she was driving “into” the US. With her and my wife up front the agents where ridiculously condescending, sarcastic, and accusing with their questions. As soon as I (white dude) popped up from my nap in the back seat everything became all apologies and explanations on why we got pulled over. Shit was ridiculous. I’ll never forget it and despite trying to rationalize their behavior (because of the higher crime rate and trafficking of drugs/people) I will never agree with the fact that two American citizens (one a veteran) were treated as though they had to prove their innocence based on skin color.

I vaguely recall your situation. Can you elaborate?

5. rborden

rborden Well-Known Member Established Member

Would the dispatcher have been able to make a phone call to this woman’s residence or cell phone instead of sending an officer?

I don’t know if the police can access those records at will.

6. scott_0

scott_0 Well-Known Member Established Member

he was charged because he needed to be charged, no way around it, he ****ed up period! and needs to pay the price, but as said, all this “white officer killed black woman” blah blah blah is just the media adding fuel to a fire that’s burning wild, not every ****ing senseless police shooting is race related, or race driven, but the ****ing media will make it that way at all cost, because after all, business is good when there is unrest between the races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk