FTBR Bushing Kit Installed

Evan5469

Established Member
First off I have to say a HUGE thank you to Jason (TRBO VNM) for doing the install with me yesterday. He did WAY more than I did. There's no way I would've been able to do it without him. :beer:

On the drive home last night I wasn't able to really test it out to see if it cured my wheelhop but the kit is instantly noticeable coming from the stock bushings. I was mostly cruising at about 65 the whole ride hom but the car corners with next to no body roll unless I really pushed it, and even then it felt like it was really sticking to the road. It feels much more solid than before also. I occasionally had the clunk going into gear and I haven't noticed that at all now. Also, I can feel bumps in the road a little more than before but nothing that any other sports car wouldn't transfer to the driver either. And I've noticed almost no increase in noise from the rear except for at about 45 mph in 4th I hear a little gear noise but it's slight.

Overall I'm very impressed with the kit and its quality. I highly recommend it to all 03/04 owners. :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

And you know you need at least one tie rod end. I know they are out there, but I have never seen one that was completely gone. Maybe perfect time for the FTBR full rod upgrade.

Chris, yeah, complete bushing kit. As Mike about it. He came by and gave a hand when I went out to get some food. So he knows whats all involved. lol

Glad you like it Evan. I know it was night and day when I did the MM kit in my first CO.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Jason does great work. He has helped me with my IRS getting it ready to put in the FTBR kit. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I need to do my rear control arms. I'll have to give Jason a call soon. Let us know how the control is over the wheel hop.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I have been hearing good things about these kits, its good to hear that the results are promissing!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bruce really knows his stuff. I really wanted this kit in my GT back in the day and would definitely do it if I got another IRS Cobra.

WildFifty

Established Member
Thanks for the review Fellas. Make sure to give us a follow up when everything is settled in and you get more miles on it. This has been on my wish list since i first heard of FTBR.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
2nd for Juan's post....we were in Jason's shop last week looking at the kit that was probably bolted into your car and talking about putting it in ours. Let us know about the wheelhop......in other words..........get out there and mash that s*it!!!!:D:poke::bash::rockon::D

After driving my car bone stock with the Pirelli's on it, I have pretty bad wheelhop.......Jason has suggested I put on the new wheels/ tires, lower it, get the subframes/ strut tower brace on and see how it acts first, but I am curious to see how your car acts now........

Last edited:

Evan5469

Established Member
And you know you need at least one tie rod end. I know they are out there, but I have never seen one that was completely gone. Maybe perfect time for the FTBR full rod upgrade.

Chris, yeah, complete bushing kit. As Mike about it. He came by and gave a hand when I went out to get some food. So he knows whats all involved. lol

Glad you like it Evan. I know it was night and day when I did the MM kit in my first CO.

I think the FTBR tie rod links will be next on the to do list after seeing mine. I still can't say thank you enough Jason.

Jason does great work. He has helped me with my IRS getting it ready to put in the FTBR kit. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it.
It really makes it a whole new car. :beer:

I need to do my rear control arms. I'll have to give Jason a call soon. Let us know how the control is over the wheel hop.

I'm sure just having to do the control arms will be a walk in the park after doing all the bushings in my car.

I have been hearing good things about these kits, its good to hear that the results are promissing!

That's what made me go with this kit. I've yet to hear a bad word about it from anyone that's experienced it first hand and now I know why.

Bruce really knows his stuff. I really wanted this kit in my GT back in the day and would definitely do it if I got another IRS Cobra.

I think it's probably the best mod I've done to my Cobra to be honest. It makes taking an entrance or exit ramp a lot more fun now.

Thanks for the review Fellas. Make sure to give us a follow up when everything is settled in and you get more miles on it. This has been on my wish list since i first heard of FTBR.

It was on my wish list too and I'm glad I went with it. You won't be disappointed.

2nd for Juan's post....we were in Jason's shop last week looking at the kit that was probably bolted into your car and talking about putting it in ours. Let us know about the wheelhop......in other words..........get out there and mash that s*it!!!!:D:poke::bash::rockon::D

After driving my car bone stock with the Pirelli's on it, I have pretty bad wheelhop.......Jason has suggested I put on the new wheels/ tires, lower it, get the subframes/ strut tower brace on and see how it acts first, but I am curious to see how your car acts now........

Lowering springs and subframes really helped my wheel hop but it still was very apparent in 1st and occasionally 2nd gear.

I still need to test the wheel hop factor. When I've wanted to do it there was either a cop around or when I was coming up to a red light it would turn green before I could get to a low enough speed. Don't worry though I will report back when I have a few full stops to really test the kit out.

Evan5469

Established Member
Is yours a vert or coupe? What else do you have done, just so I can compare?

Mine is a coupe. And my suspension mods are H&R Race Springs with the stock rubber isolators still in place, MMFLSFC's. I also have MM caster/camber plates and aluminum rack bushings in the front but those don't do a thing for wheelhop. I also have Sumitomo HTR Z III tires on it. Stock size on stock rims. I used to have Yokohama's prior to these and the Sumitomo's actually helped with wheelhop a little too.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Mine is a coupe. And my suspension mods are H&R Race Springs with the stock rubber isolators still in place, MMFLSFC's. I also have MM caster/camber plates and aluminum rack bushings in the front but those don't do a thing for wheelhop. I also have Sumitomo HTR Z III tires on it. Stock size on stock rims. I used to have Yokohama's prior to these and the Sumitomo's actually helped with wheelhop a little too.

+1 with the Sumitomo's. I have the HTRZ IIs on my vert and they help a lot with wheel hop.

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Sounds like we will have pretty similar setups, except that I will have Steeda springs instead of the H&R's. I am not sure if we ordered the rack bushings, and I am adding a strut tower brace since it's a vert. I am also picking up a set of 18" chrome '03 wheels that have those Verdstien tires on them.....so we'll see how they do with the wheelhop....:shrug:

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

no, we didn't order the rack bushings Chris. I can if you want since the other items were back ordered. drop me a pm.

Evan5469

Established Member
I was able to test out how the bushings helped wheelhop from a dead stop at a few red lights. And in first gear all the way through half of 3rd I have absoutely ZERO wheelhop. :thumbsup: Just one more reason I love this kit.

Users who are viewing this thread