FTBR Question

650BlackVnm

Established Member
So I just bought a IRS complete with a FTBR kit. I removed the pumpkin to switch out the gears, and the shims in the front diff mount feel out. So my first question is, how do I go about setting those up the right way? Second question is what kind of grease should I use for the grease fittings? I looked on the FTBR website, and didn't find anything, also e-mailed and didn't get a response.

ctgreddy

Established Member
i'll look at my directions if i can find them, how many shims are there in total?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So I just bought a IRS complete with a FTBR kit. I removed the pumpkin to switch out the gears, and the shims in the front diff mount feel out. So my first question is, how do I go about setting those up the right way? Second question is what kind of grease should I use for the grease fittings? I looked on the FTBR website, and didn't find anything, also e-mailed and didn't get a response.

1st question: Setting Pinion Angle

2nd question: Find out whet the previous owner used and use a grease that is compatible with it or the same.

Excepting possible compatibility issues with the previous grease, any typical chassis grease from a local parts store will work for that app.

650BlackVnm

Established Member
1st question: Setting Pinion Angle

2nd question: Find out whet the previous owner used and use a grease that is compatible with it or the same.

Excepting possible compatibility issues with the previous grease, any typical chassis grease from a local parts store will work for that app.

Thanx for the info, I'm gonna ask the previous owner. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread