Ftvb

FsOvRtD

Established Member
which are you guys most confident with? ive read a lot of good things about the chikenears one and heard greg is a great guy to deal with. any input will help. thanks:beer:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
One and the same.

Greg's company is Factory Tech. Greg modify's the valve body accumulator, selling them thru his ebay store. Chickenears is a point of sale company (vendor) for Greg's products.

Lightning Force Performance also has their own VB (LFPVB) that some have had good luck with.

Brian at BTS also has a modified VB he sells.

Stewart

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
I suppose instead of making a new thread out of it...

Would there be any problems or disadvantages to putting one of these in a "higher" mileage truck? Mine has a little over 100k on it right now.

LaffnJack

Established Member
Most people feel that it "wakes" your truck up. The shifts are firmer and this will shave time off your ET (a couple of tenths from what I have read). The down side is that shifts can be very firm depending on what version you go with (race or street). I have the LFP VB street version and it is pleasant under part throttle and stiff under full. However, even under part throttle it will be firmer than stock.

-J-

opie99

Established Member
can somebody tell me why, some ppl say that the FTVB is the best mod you can buy? im very curious to know

I agree, its a cool mod but I don't think its the best mod you can buy imo. I think one of the best mods would be like a k.b or a wipple. That's just my 2 cents.

LSUstang05

Established Member
I suppose instead of making a new thread out of it...

Would there be any problems or disadvantages to putting one of these in a "higher" mileage truck? Mine has a little over 100k on it right now.
As long as the transmission has been taken care of, I see no issues.

can somebody tell me why, some ppl say that the FTVB is the best mod you can buy? im very curious to know
It's relatively inexpensive (if you do the install yourself) and it definitely wakes the truck up. The shifts are hard, clean, crisp, quick, and firm and if you are flooring it and it shifts from 1-2, it feels like somebody rear ends you it kicks so hard and pushes you forward so fast. Easily one of the best mods. Whipple/KB is a lot more expensive and on a stock block will barely be, if at all, in the efficiency range of the blowers for the stock motor.

FsOvRtD

Established Member
ok so which one do you guys like the best, i want something conservative. this is my DD. Also is it necessary to get the deep pan? or is it ok to just get the VB?

my98stang46

Established Member
Had a FTVB....couldnt tell a difference. Go with a DMPVB. You wont regret it. On a side note Tim @ chickenears is an awsome guy to deal with

LSUstang05

Established Member
Had a FTVB....couldnt tell a difference. Go with a DMPVB. You wont regret it. On a side note Tim @ chickenears is an awsome guy to deal with
:??: I have a FTVB and I'm chirping 2nd gear at 3/4 throttle with the minor transmission adjustments that my tuner did (no, does not include upping line pressure). Maybe you had a faulty one :shrug: Either way, you can't go wrong with any Valve Body, really.

I would highly recommend getting the 4x4 pan. It makes it SOOOO much easier to change the transmission fluid on the truck when you need to do it.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I like mine and I added the 4x4 pan to make changing the filter easier later. That drain plug is gold. The pan is fine as long as your not running a really low drop. Mine is stock in the front with 2'' drop shackles in the rear and I've never had any issues. If your really low you might want to look for a different pan as I've heard the 4x4 pans will drag on a tall speed bump or something of that nature.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
Had the FTVB for a couple thousand miles and it was an awsome upgrade from stock and I had no problems. I heard about the Punisher COMP VB's and decided to try it out. Now if I give the truck 1/2 throttle or more it'll chirp the tires shifting to second. I love it.

FsOvRtD

Established Member
i just talked to someone and they said that they can adjust some of this stuff through the tune, is this correct? he said i shouldnt bother getting one.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
they mean messing with the line pressure!! not a good idea... if i was u ill buy one.. trust me u will not regret it....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Most of them consist of the same parts. I suggest going with the one that a vendor will custom built to your shifting preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread