Fuel door..

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
The two pin key.
The 'vert picture looks like it has a round keyhole. What use is a "locking" gas cap that anyone can open with a hairpin? :shrug:

f4sfed

Established Member
The key is made billit as well. It would take much more than a hairpin to turn. I'll see if I can get a pic of the key. ...besides, if someone's going to break into your car (or gas tank) they will, no matter what you've got stopping them. I consider this more a deterrant, and a fail safe.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
The key is made billit as well. It would take much more than a hairpin to turn. I'll see if I can get a pic of the key. ...besides, if someone's going to break into your car (or gas tank) they will, no matter what you've got stopping them. I consider this more a deterrant, and a fail safe.
That makes more sense. I'm envisioning a commercial paper towel or toilet paper dispenser key... A pic would be great :-D

f4sfed

Established Member
Okay! Here's a shot of the key. It's the blue billit piece. Different from your pic, you'll notice a center threaded hole. It's in case (for whatever reason [ice, etc.]) the door doesn't pop out when unlocked. You thread the other side of the key into the hole, and pull the door

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Definately be convinced!!!

I am continuously standing in the garage just looking at this thing...its almost like i'm hypnotized...the whole car is gorgeous, but I am finding my self standing at the back right just staring down the side of the car. This gas cap gives the car a very very finished feel.:D

f4sfed

Established Member
Yea...don't it though? :) Something about it gives the car a meaner look. Like HE said...be convinced! You'll love it!

Mowgli

Established Member
How many keys come with the kit?

Please tell me at least two.

Blackcobra

Established Member
One comes with it but you can order a second key for a few bucks more and I did so my order came with two in the box. You'll see the option very simply laid out on the web site order form.

coleman

Established Member
Mac03Cobra, both TPOC and I have the MGW fuel doors...
i think TPOC's is black on black w/ "SVT"
mine is black outer, satin inner, w/ "Cobra"

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Mac03Cobra
Great pictures folks! THANK YOU... Man, you have to love a WHITE Cobra!:beer:

I can get a GOOD idea how smooth it forms to the body on the White 03.

I just polished mine this morning. Black is great, but what a !@#$ to get all the swirls out. I think I will go with the one I pictured at the start of the tread. I like the smooth finish. The bolts give it a more aggressive look. But smooth it is..

I'm also ordering the shifter handle.

Mac03Cobra

Hey Mac,

I also have a black coupe and I'm considering this mod. When you get it, do you think you could take a pic of the entire side of the car, so I can kind of get a feel for it? I really like the door, but I am not certain which color combination I'm gonna go with. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread