Fuel filter location

miggs.03.term8r

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra with a 2.3 whipple cobra and a return less fuel system. I have chased the fuel lines and followed it along the undercarriage and I can't seem to locate a fuel filter. Does anybody know where a common location is where the fuel filter would be mounted on a return less fuel setup? Any help would be appreciated.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Make sure you take the pressure off the line, or prepare to take a gas bath. Ask me how I know, lol.

miggs.03.term8r

Established Member

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Is it the stock fuel lines? If so it can only be above the irs. If not it can be anywhere on the line including if they wanted to put it up above the fuel tank making you have to drop the tank down to see it.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Is it the stock fuel lines? If so it can only be above the irs. If not it can be anywhere on the line including if they wanted to put it up above the fuel tank making you have to drop the tank down to see it.

That would blow. The factory location already is a pita, why would they put it in a even harder place to access. I would've relocated it to an easily accessible spot.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I'm sure there's one somewhere. Have you checked the front fenders behind the plastic guard?
You stated E85..... No aftermarket fuel lines noticeable I assume :shrug:

miggs.03.term8r

Established Member
I'm sure there's one somewhere. Have you checked the front fenders behind the plastic guard?
You stated E85..... No aftermarket fuel lines noticeable I assume :shrug:

Yesterday me & my buddy dropped the tank and found no filter. The lines run down the firewall to the undercarriage and no sign of a filter. We checked above the IRS and found nothing either.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I think your right followed the lines from the tank to the front and found nothing. Can it be inside the actual gas tank?

Unlikely in an aftermarket situation. I see above you already dropped the tank and checked. I'd get one installed ASAP and if it's not a major PITA pull your injectors and make sure the tiny screen on the top of each one is not clogged. They sell replacements if you have to replace them.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Make sure you take the pressure off the line, or prepare to take a gas bath. Ask me how I know, lol.

Yeah my first experience with fuel injection was a straight shot to the face in the eyes, nose, and mouth. I was in the parking lot of a Casey's and I went running into the store ( how I was able to see my way in I don't know) but I made it to the bathroom and started flushing my face with water. I actually thought I might die! I swallowed it and everything.
The dude at the counter was freaking and called EMS. Thank god I made it through that one. It won't happen again after a lesson like that. lol

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yeah my first experience with fuel injection was a straight shot to the face in the eyes, nose, and mouth. I was in the parking lot of a Casey's and I went running into the store ( how I was able to see my way in I don't know) but I made it to the bathroom and started flushing my face with water. I actually thought I might die! I swallowed it and everything.
The dude at the counter was freaking and called EMS. Thank god I made it through that one. It won't happen again after a lesson like that. lol

Wow what did you do? Pop a hose off under pressure or something?

b_dike

Established Member

I had a similar experience after I bought my car. First time at the track, and pop. Blew my frps. Took it off, and was shot right in the eye with a stream of gas. Boy did it burn!

Malcolm you remember that? Had a spare frps for me and all. :beer:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I had a similar experience after I bought my car. First time at the track, and pop. Blew my frps. Took it off, and was shot right in the eye with a stream of gas. Boy did it burn!

Malcolm you remember that? Had a spare frps for me and all. :beer:

Oh yeah man. How could I forgot. I felt so bad for you, took it straight in the face and it looked like it blasted with some good force too.

Users who are viewing this thread