Fuel filter

adammdennis11

Established Member
What do you guys think caused this? Pulled it out of the filter housing just like this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-221221_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-221221_Gallery.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 80

adammdennis11

Established Member
Why would you say that was a carb filter?

10 Micron Stainless Steel Fuel Filter Element for use with the 4651 series 6" In Line Race Fuel Filters. Compatible with E85, Pump, Race Gas and Diesel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-173221_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-173221_Gallery.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 45

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I was only guessing, as it appears to be crushed as a result of excessive pressure or suction depending where it's located in the system.

adammdennis11

Established Member
Don't know what it's set at, just left the dyno 400 miles ago..didn't have any issues until recently..missing at 5k 18 psi at wot..barely getting any fuel pressure now..

adammdennis11

Established Member
I'm installing the electric water pump this weekend when I get the cross over pipe gaskets, ill install a new filter in there and see if that helps..

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't know what it's set at, just left the dyno 400 miles ago..didn't have any issues until recently..missing at 5k 18 psi at wot..barely getting any fuel pressure now..
You don't have a gauge in the car or on the regulator or schrader valve?

How are you setting the fuel pressure?

adammdennis11

Established Member
I have a Guage on the a pillar, and an adjustable regulator, but no Guage that tells me what it's set at.

I'm sure the guy that had the car on the dyno has all of that info.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
If you have a gauge, then you know the base setting; whatever it is at idle is the base.

What did it go to at WOT before the problem?

adammdennis11

Established Member
So I replaced my leaking electric water pump, put new plugs in and a new fuel filter in..at idle it was showing 22 psi..still breaking up and going below 20 psi when I nail it...so something is not right with the new fuel system I just had installed..maybe a bad regulator, or pump...idk..I'll call the shop on Monday and see if they have any ideas..needs to go back on the dyno.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
That fuel pressure is about half of what it should be. What regulator do you have?

What water pump are you running? I have a Meziere electric pump. I've had it for well over 10 years and haven't had a single problem with it.

adammdennis11

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, after the filter change it sits at like 30 psi at idle.i have the same pump. I had left my car in the garage for about 10 years before putting money into it again..I bought a new pump but didn't change it until I noticed a leak.. I coulda changed the o ring im sure but I had a new one sitting in the garage so I changed it out.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
What FPR do you have? Do you know how to adjust it?

Does the fuel filter has a designated in/out and if so, was it installed correctly?

The loss of pressure could be a problem with the pumps. It could be broken clamps or tears in the lines from the pumps to hat.

adammdennis11

Established Member
It's going back to the shop that just installed everything fuel related. They thinks something is wrong with the pumps.

Helomech74

Established Member
If you're running a boost reference FPR, then pressure should be set around 39-40psi with the vacuum line disconnected. When it's reconnected, your gauge should read 39-40 psi minus half of whatever your car makes for vacuum at idle. So, for example, my car is set at 40psi with the vac line disconnected and makes 14inhg of vac at idle. So, 40-7=33. When I connect my vac line to the FPR, my gauge reads 33 at idle. Then adds 1psi of pressure for each pound of boost made.

If you're not running a boost reference regulator, then the gauge should read whatever you set the FPR to.

adammdennis11

Established Member
If you're running a boost reference FPR, then pressure should be set around 39-40psi with the vacuum line disconnected. When it's reconnected, your gauge should read 39-40 psi minus half of whatever your car makes for vacuum at idle. So, for example, my car is set at 40psi with the vac line disconnected and makes 14inhg of vac at idle. So, 40-7=33. When I connect my vac line to the FPR, my gauge reads 33 at idle. Then adds 1psi of pressure for each pound of boost made.

If you're not running a boost reference regulator, then the gauge should read whatever you set the FPR to.
Yeah, im def not seeing that. Something happened shortly after I picked it up from the shop. We all think it is pump related.

Users who are viewing this thread