Fuel Gauge Reading Empty

Lou02stang

Established Member
I have 99 GT and just did ON3 performance Cobra fuel tank and 03 Cobra dual pump Fuel hat upgrade. I did the fuel pump wire upgrade through the top of the hat to a relay to a modified FPDM. Everything works fine except for this damn fuel gauge reading Empty. I used the stock GT fuel sender with the Lethal Performance Bracket. I grounded the white wire from inside the hat to the bracket and used a bolt and nut to ensure a strong ground connection. I then ran the yellow wire from the fuel sender to the pin next to the white wire in the cobra hat. Before installing the Hat I tested the sender and OHM's went up and down as I was moving the float. After I Installed the hat my gauge still reads Empty. I left the car running for 15min and gauge didn't move. When I first start the car the fuel gauge sweeps from full to Empty then just stays Empty. Is the GT fuel sender a different bend or shape? I don't think I got the arm of the float caught up on anything. Any help is appreciated.

Sluggie24

Established Member
It sounds like there is a resistance issue somewhere. Have you tried OHMing out the sender through the connector now that the tank is installed?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Are you sure the float arm didn't break off? or it was moving freely when installed?

Users who are viewing this thread