Fuel hat for 96 Cobra's??....

JP_Stang

Established Member
Hey guys,

Does anyone make a dual or triple fuel hat for the 96 Cobra's, or do we have to buy an 03/04 Cobra tank setup and then buy a fuel hat for that tank? The last piece to the puzzle for my car is the tank and pump setup and then she is off to the tuner.

Thanks for the help guys!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Hey guys,

Does anyone make a dual or triple fuel hat for the 96 Cobra's, or do we have to buy an 03/04 Cobra tank setup and then buy a fuel hat for that tank? The last piece to the puzzle for my car is the tank and pump setup and then she is off to the tuner.

Thanks for the help guys!

no double or triple for us sn95 guys. 3 options include:
1. 03/04 tank and rewire
2. bigger intank pump in stick sn95 fuel hat
3. pickup tube or sump feeding inline pump/pumps

JP_Stang

Established Member
How do you all feel about a pickup tube? It would be the easiest thing to do IMO, but will I have any issues I should be aware of? I wasn't sure if I would issues once the fuel gets to a lower level in the tank or anything like that..

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
If I had a sub 98 car that's what I'd run. That combined with a good inline pump and filter system. Be very hard to beat.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I swapped my 98 tank for a 96 and did dual parallel pumps with a glenn's sleeper setup.

That being said, I think a lot people don't realize that a single 255 with a boost-a-pump turned on max will outflow the stock 03/04 setup and support a lot of power.

JP_Stang

Established Member
Well I will be pushing well into the 600whp range with my new setup hopefully. I am currently running a 255 intank and 255 inline but I don't think it will cut it, and if it did I would be maxing them out and I just don't want to do that. Plus, I already installed big rails w/-8 line running to them. I will be running a -10 line to a y-block that splits into -8 to the rails and running -8 back to the tank. I think I am going to just get a pickup tube and get a magnafuel pump.

Which magnafuel pump would guys run for my setup? I was thinking the 750??...

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Make sure if you use a pickup tube that the fuel pump you choose will work. Some big pumps will not draw from a source higher than the pump.

JP_Stang

Established Member
Oh really?! How will I know if I am getting one that will or will not?

Encased, is their a certain pump you would recommend for me?

harvboi05

Established Member
Bosch 044 with a pick up tube is what I'd run in a 97 or older car.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Oh really?! How will I know if I am getting one that will or will not?

Encased, is their a certain pump you would recommend for me?

I suggest you buy a pump that can handle more than you need. When you choose one, make sure you dont need a controller for it and that it pull correctly from the source you choose, whether it be stock hat, pickup tube or sump. I wont give a particular recommendation as my opinions arent for everyone or their budget.

96S/Cobra

Established Member
For what it's worth, it looks like our set up's (at least according to your sig) are very similar.

My set up:

Forged internals
T-trim w/ 2.85" pulley
Custom fmic set up
Blower Cams
Meth Injection
Full exhaust
60lb. injectors

I run the MMR pick up tube with twin Walbro 255's in parallel. Filters pre and post pumps, -8 feed and -6 return.

I have no idea how much power I'm putting down, but I don't have any fuel issues to my knowledge.

JP_Stang

Established Member
Ok, thanks for all the help guys. It looks like everyone has good luck with the dual pump setup with the pickup tube. I would honestly rather go with one big external pump if I am going with an external setup. Now I just need to figure out how to tell if the pump will work with a pickup tube. I guess I will call the seller and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread