Fuel Hat Question

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I couldn't get the fuel pumps off to save my life. I noticed one of the hoses was already torn so I cut it with a razor and it STILL was a struggle but I was able to remove it.

My question is what are you guys using or doing to secure this location circled in yellow? As you can see there's no way I'm gonna be able to get that hose back on so I'm gonna have to make a new hose with some sort of clamping piece.

Thanks!

1_IMG_1368.jpeg
0_IMG_1369.jpeg
0_IMG_1378.jpeg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I used high pressure fuel injector clamps. They look like worm gear but are completely smooth and use a bolt and nut to clamp.

Also, friendly reminder that fuel hose =/= submersible fuel hose.

BTW, those evil little bastards are pretty easy to remove with a small flat head or snipping the crimp with a pair of Dykes.

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I used high pressure fuel injector clamps. They look like worm gear but are completely smooth and use a bolt and nut to clamp.

Just what I was looking for thank you dude.
Also, friendly reminder that fuel hose =/= submersible fuel hose.

BTW, those evil little bastards are pretty easy to remove with a small flat head or snipping the crimp with a pair of Dykes.
Perfect thank you that makes sense.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
The best suggestion is to get a Fore hat, unless they've changed the pump fits into the hat and seals with an o-ring.
Wow that seems like the way to go. If I can't get this to workout I'll do just that. I looked on Fore's website and they don't sell hats separately.

cj428mach

Established Member
Wow that seems like the way to go. If I can't get this to workout I'll do just that. I looked on Fore's website and they don't sell hats separately.
Last I knew they didn't sell the hat separately because they want to assemble them to insure they're correct. That's what the added cost of Fore buys you.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lethal Performances hat is now updated to not use hoses.
Wow nice looking at that now. They sell just the hat too!

I'm still thinking but I'm probably going to use 4 high pressure fuel hose clamps that @03' White Snake recommended. I really like that hoseless hat though and may change my mind. But I'm thinking if those high pressure clamps work for 03'White Snake they should work for me.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Wow nice looking at that now. They sell just the hat too!

I'm still thinking but I'm probably going to use 4 high pressure fuel hose clamps that @03' White Snake recommended. I really like that hoseless hat though and may change my mind. But I'm thinking if those high pressure clamps work for 03'White Snake they should work for me.

I run the older style lethal fuel hat with short pices of fuel line and clamps. Twin 465 high pressure pumps, 55psi base pressure and 25 lbs of boost. 0 problems knock on wood.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run the older style lethal fuel hat with short pices of fuel line and clamps. Twin 465 high pressure pumps, 55psi base pressure and 25 lbs of boost. 0 problems knock on wood.
Almost the exact same as me…..

I bought my submersible fuel hose from Advanced I believe.

Gates 27093 Submersible Fuel Line Hose-1' Length, Inner Diameter 5/16"​

IMG_5187.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

efnfast

Established Member
oetiker clamps (stepless ear clamps) are the preferred way to make the attachment, but the fuel injector worm drive clamps are okay if you don't have any oetikers.

but make sure that hose is indeed fuel submersion rated - the parts monkeys at the chain stores don't know the difference and try to just pass off regular efi fuel hose, at least in my experience.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
oetiker clamps (stepless ear clamps) are the preferred way to make the attachment, but the fuel injector worm drive clamps are okay if you don't have any oetikers.

but make sure that hose is indeed fuel submersion rated - the parts monkeys at the chain stores don't know the difference and try to just pass off regular efi fuel hose, at least in my experience.
Ahhh that's what those are called, this is the content I'm here for. I'm gonna order those to play it safe. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread