Fuel injection for a 1965 ford truck

Established Member
I'm reviving an old project that I built for my dad years ago. 1965 ford F100 with a 1962 Pontiac 389 6 pack and 700R4. Long family story for the engine. Going to make it more of a daily driver, so I figure FI is a must. Current 6 pack is a PITA and a gas hog. Tank sits right behind the driver seat, so probably need to source a tank to fit between the frame rails. That would make the high pressure fuel system swap included at the same time. Like to maintain a budget. Would be pulling the intake obviously, so we are wide open to systems. Lets here the ideas.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Makes me sad it has a GM engine in it :( But anyways...to each his own. FItech and a single plane manifold is probably the easiest way to get some sort of fuel injection on it.

Currently working on my pops 66 F100 for the upcoming Hot Rod Power Tour this year...with a fuel injected/blown 351 windsor
66f100c.jpg
66f100b.jpg
66f100a.jpg

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Endless selection.
Fitech, edelbrock, Holley, Fast, all make kits.
All work good, just to pick your favourite. Me. I would get the kit that just ties into factory cam driven lifter fuel pump and supplies it’s on fuel
Pump. But if you want no extras in engine bay. Your at personal preference then.

Good luck.

We should see some pics of that truck to. And I like story’s as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I don't know if they make one for your particular set up, but Borla actually makes the best looking retrofit kits out there.

Established Member
The story on the truck goes back a ways. We moved from Louisiana up north when I was a kid, and dad brought this 389 super duty engine that he had raced dirt ovals using, with us. Dirt poor and without a vehicle, dad found a 64 or 65 ford truck with a blown motor and stuck the poncho in as a work truck. 4.11s, tool boxes, and a granny low 4 speed made for some redneck fun. Years go past and dad still had the engine, and I found a guy that wanted to buy it for a factory racer. Deal fell thru, and I had an old Pontiac motor 600 miles away from the folks, but happened to drive past a 65 F100, same color as dads original. Bought it. So I rebuilt the engine, or more correctly over built it, matched it up with a 700R4, and gave it to dad. Scared him to be honest I think, so it never got driven much for the next decade, and now its back in my hands. I feel obligated to make it a driver again. 6 pack always was a PITA, and I think the comp cam might have something to do with that, so if I'm going to be the driver from here on, FI seems to be the way to go. Now I'm finding that the early heads cant use almost any of the aftermarket intakes. Other issue is that I don't want to just throw money at it like I did a decade ago.

Users who are viewing this thread