Fuel Injectors !! Cobra is sick can anybody help

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Has anybody ever had poor performance.. low dyno numbers . reduced trap speeds ect ect compared to normal due to having partially dirty or partially clogged fuel injectors ???
I looked up and down for solutions and answers and thats the only king pin i havnt checked out on my car.. iv lost a bit of over all performance.. and the FIRST time i started to feel my car slow down and through it up for a log on the dyno it was a lil lean ..so added fuel ..wich could have covered up an injector with low performance .. everything else in the fuel system has been checked but the injectors ..

its frustrating because i am down 60 rwtq and about 50 rwhp with not a single code thrown.. no knocks or ticks a fresh bottom end with good compression , all my wiring has been tested for hours .. and my tuner says it sounds like it has a lagging cylinder random missfire.. iv researched injectors and found out that only 8 % to 10% of a clog of a single injector will cause a missfire any ideas?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Data logging everything else looks good exept sitting at idle and holding the rpm up a little bit it stutters really bad .. uner load/ normal driving conditions it is decieving .. under WOT it is quite slower and occationally i have heard and felt dead pulses so im staying the hell out of it .. iv been told that not all injector problems throw codes as well and can be decieving to detect esspecially partially clogged.

if anybody and their cobra genius could help that would be rad ,thanks

torchanniv03

Established Member
check your o2 sensors!! i just had this same prob that i got fixed last week. i kept getting beat by my buddy that made 440 in his cobra, and i make 4-5#'s more boost than him:fm: i took it to the shop, and my sensors were trashed. he put new ones on and did a dyno pull, and only 430....... with a retune, it now make 485 again like it used to!!:rockon:

Wiseguy

Established Member
I would have the injectors tested and cleaned regardless. I do this all the time with new or old builds.

105.00 shipped with results

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
check your o2 sensors!! i just had this same prob that i got fixed last week. i kept getting beat by my buddy that made 440 in his cobra, and i make 4-5#'s more boost than him:fm: i took it to the shop, and my sensors were trashed. he put new ones on and did a dyno pull, and only 430....... with a retune, it now make 485 again like it used to!!:rockon:

Hmm ... what were all of your symptoms in detail while you were having your problems ?? just curious could you have faulty 02's even with no check engine light or did you in your case??
Im super frsutrated after my rebuild i made 460 rwhp 485 rwtq and for a while as it was breaking in it was really starting to move , all my friends cobras with same or simillar mods i would beat pretty good with no controversy, now i am loosing to all of them and i went from traping 115-121 depeneding on heat and if i was doing back to back runs or not my best 1/8th mile was trap was 96.8
Now the last time i hit the track the fastest trap even on a cool down was 112.0 mph and it was running 110 mph a couple times and 1/8th mile was mid 80's i used to trap 110 stock with a K & N only and im getting the smack down from my friends .. its aggrivating the hp was down to 411 rwhp 417

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
I would have the injectors tested and cleaned regardless. I do this all the time with new or old builds.

105.00 shipped with results

105.00 shipped for all 8 injectors ???? that sounds like a deal can you give me all the details ? i remember when i has my whipple set up a while ago and i was using 60's my stock injectors collected dust and were all dirty and greasy , and when the shop took my car and parts i told them to be carefull cause they were sitting for a long time .. so i wonder if they properly cleaned them when i did my rebuilt and put the eaton back on .

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Subscribing, mine has a slight miss at idle and up to 2000 or so. I cleaned the maf, plugs are good. But you cant tell a difference when you get on it. It just sounds funny when at idle. No miss or hesitation wot or normal driving.

Users who are viewing this thread