Fuel injectors

89lflores

Established Member
What do you guys use to clean them? My mach has 94k on it so I want to see if I should replace them of just use a cleaner

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Is the car having issues? If not, I wouldn't jack with them. 94k isn't really alot of miles.

89lflores

Established Member
No its not having any issues I was just wondering if I should change them out , so any type if fuel cleaner would work?

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I wouldn't put anything in it except maybe a new fuel filter if you haven't done it in a while.

DeatschWerks

Established Member
89lflores said:
No its not having any issues I was just wondering if I should change them out, so any type if fuel cleaner would work?

Injectors aren't a wear item...but they can become dirty over time through exposure to contaminants that slip past the filter.

If you aren't experiencing any issues, there really isn't a need for action.

You could use a pour-in-tank cleaner, but it won't really do anything for contaminants that are trapped in the injector's filter or that are trapped in the internals. Many of the cleaners/conditioners contain ethanol, which most of the national gasoline supply already contains 5-10% of. Also, many of the national chain-stations have additives/cleaners already in the gas they pump.

You could have the the injectors serviced outside of the car. There are several options available, either local or national. ...and if you are curious whether the service was worth it, a proper injector service provider will have the option to perform a pre-service flow test.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread