fuel issue during tunning

bsktball1985

Established Member
My situation is that I took a gamble on a fully built 98 cobra from a dealership that had no paperwork on the car. Obvious upgrades are procharger w/8 lbs boost, t56 tranny, coil overs front and back. Bear brakes front and back, msd ignition, upgraded fuel system. It appears that the car was put together right and the car runs awesome and has 30,000 original miles. Now my issue is that I am unaware of what mass air flow it has, fuel injector size, and fuel pump output. What happened during tunning is that he ran the first pull to get base numbers and have something to work with. It put down 405rwhp/405rwtq. After that he added 15% more fuel and got nothing.... he then added 15% more fuel and got nothing again. it wasn't struggling or acting like it was gonna die he just couldn't get anymore fuel and now the car is running fairly lean. He wouldn't give me any info as to why and wouldn't help me out in any way.(he said he was just a runner and not a shop) Basically as soon as he would get on it the air/fuel would not change at all. I'm looking for any information to help me diagnos the problem. I'm looking to learn and do this stuff myself instead of having a shop do it.

bsktball1985

Established Member
I should also add that I found the original shop that did all the work and when it was completed. Assuming nothing has been changed on the car the parts are 10 years old but only have about 10,000 miles on them

Users who are viewing this thread