Fuel level needle not going past the full mark

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, I think I may have a potential problem with my fuel level sender. Whenever I fill up my car, it never goes past the full mark anymore. It stops right before it. I looked to see if the fuel tank vent tube was damaged and everything looked fine to me.

Could this be the fuel level sender? I do have a return style fuel system. My level sender was perfect until a few weeks ago when this started happening. Could the senders connections be going bad?

cb900f

Established Member
Hey, I think I may have a potential problem with my fuel level sender. Whenever I fill up my car, it never goes past the full mark anymore. It stops right before it. I looked to see if the fuel tank vent tube was damaged and everything looked fine to me.

Could this be the fuel level sender? I do have a return style fuel system. My level sender was perfect until a few weeks ago when this started happening. Could the senders connections be going bad?

How many miles on the car? I assume you took the stock sending unit out and put it back into the new hat? My guess is that it might not be seated fully on the hat?

Users who are viewing this thread