fuel line options

robert presti

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone is using the charcoal canister line as a fuel line? And possibly then using the existing 5/16 fuel line as a return line.

I think one could run a new line or hose next to it . Is it possible to just eliminate the canister?

Last edited:

robert presti

Established Member
I'm going to verify the line size to the canister. It looked like a 1/2 inch line and you can get 1/2 compression to -8an fuel line adaptors. Based on where the line is I'm guessing a hole will need to be cut in the inner fender well to get the hose into the engine compartment.

Last edited:

robert presti

Established Member
Well no one seems to have had any input. LMR sells fuel vapor lines for 120. I'm not sure how they will install next to each other though.

What I searched and came to the conclusion today is that the stock 5/16 fuel line can't be used as the return line with the amount of fuel that I need pumped in a return system. However with the right high pressure pumps it can be the supply line. In this case which won't resemble many factory cars the fuel supply will be smaller than the return if I run it return.

I'm going to run 2 450 lph Walbro fuel pumps return less in my stock 03 cobra hat . Then if there are any issues I will run larger lines and then return fuel at that time.

Three21

Established Member
Well no one seems to have had any input. LMR sells fuel vapor lines for 120. I'm not sure how they will install next to each other though.

What I searched and came to the conclusion today is that the stock 5/16 fuel line can't be used as the return line with the amount of fuel that I need pumped in a return system. However with the right high pressure pumps it can be the supply line. In this case which won't resemble many factory cars the fuel supply will be smaller than the return if I run it return.

I'm going to run 2 450 lph Walbro fuel pumps return less in my stock 03 cobra hat . Then if there are any issues I will run larger lines and then return fuel at that time.
Old thread, but using the vapor lines was an interesting idea. I don't know if i would trust the connections for fuel tho. FWIW the lethal budget return system uses the stock feed line with a 6an return line and have heard that it's sufficient to 600-700hp

robert presti

Established Member
Old thread, but using the vapor lines was an interesting idea. I don't know if i would trust the connections for fuel tho. FWIW the lethal budget return system uses the stock feed line with a 6an return line and have heard that it's sufficient to 600-700hp
The line can be cut and flared , there are AN fittings that should work. I haven't done the work yet, but I did buy a division x fuel hat and ditched the idea of modifying the cobra hat. How the fuel will get to the engine is still up in the air,as well if it will be return or return less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread